Chapter 6

Clyde curled his lips and smiled delightfully, and she felt a sense of déjà vu.

She saw that smile in the office earlier.

Just before the paper summary test, she remembered that smile.

Could it be a precursor of something unusual? It looked delicious like a poisoned apple, but it felt like it was oozing with evil energy.

Unsurprisingly, he pulled a string hanging like a decoration from the corner of the wall.

“I’m sorry to make you bored. I know how difficult it is to hold back sleep. I’m here to give you a job to alleviate the difficulties.”

Several courtiers immediately responded to the call as if they were waiting outside the room. They carried a bunch of heavy boxes and arranged them neatly near the desk.

She could guess how hard the contents would be for her without checking it out.

The boxes kept coming in. The courtiers made several round trips and stacked boxes to fill one wall.

“Your Highness…. This–”

A complaint about whether it was too much ran up my throat.

However, no sound came out of her pouting lips. Because at that moment, an evil, polite smile passed from him.

What would Clyde do if she grumbled? The conspiracy behind that smile will probably never help Edith’s peaceful future.

Should she ask, pretending to be deceived, even with an ominous feeling? Like a fish in front of her bait, struggled to bite the earthworm swaying before her eyes, then she forced her fluttering heart to calm.

“What am I supposed to do with all these papers?”

She was unable to suppress her curiosity and ask.

The corners of his fantastic lips curved even more, and the sleek, lean man’s cheeks made a nice curve.

He looked so damn cool. What the hell was he doing?

“We should review it first.”

“… all of them?”

“Is it too much?”

‘Are you kidding me now?’ She couldn’t bear to say that even if she gave up on being extremely respectful to the Crown Prince.

However, she worked hard to create big eyes like a kitten hoping that he would let it go if she looked pitiful.

“Your Highness….”

But she seemed to have met the wrong person.

“You’ll get tired of working with only these side tables and hard chairs, so I’ll have to bring in Edith’s desk soon.”

There was no concern in his gaze as he looked around the room. He was determined that there would be no such thing as going easy on her.

“No, a desk is not enough. Rest is as important as work, so I will provide you with a place to rest.”

“Uhm, I appreciate what you said, but I think I should work moderately and go home.”

How hard were the works to the point of having a place to work and rest?

“Did a bed… a little too much? A couch big enough to sleep on would be fine.”

Edith stopped her poor, ineffective expression and frighteningly took a step forward to the crown prince.