Chapter 23

She couldn’t find fault with Peyton at all.

He didn’t have the burden of carrying an empire like Clyde, and he didn’t get too much attention like Adrian.

“It’s a little early, but may I ask you to call me informally? I’d rather be called Peyton than Prince Grayves.”

From one to ten, he’s her cup of tea. The romance was her taste, but her ideal type was right here. The original author prefers the main-top Clyde, and her preference is the sub-top Peyton.

“Of course. Please me Edith too. Please talk to me casually.”

His smiling face with his teeth exposed was so wonderful that she wanted to see him for the rest of her life.

This man, shall she make him as her husband?

There was nothing she couldn’t do. They could get closer slowly.

It was a moment when her resolution that she never wanted to marry a man she didn’t know was shaken.

She heard that physical condition was especially important between husband and wife. Unable to take her eyes off Peyton’s face and body, she had a proper and reasonable imagination of having to use her dirty brain at night.

“Edith…”

“Peyton.”

She could roughly guess the height while standing face to face. Clyde, the main character in the original story, was also very tall, but Peyton was taller than him.

The difference with her height was a little excessive, the man’s shoulders went up a long way above Edith’s head. Between 190 and 200? People often prefer a height of 180s, but she liked a taller person. Even her height taste was shot down properly.

She hid the tearing corners of her mouth with a fan she bought for today.

Peyton greeted her and served her fragrant tea. They talked about how they have been doing without rushing. Edith chattered about the tough Crown Prince’s palace life, and Peyton confessed his grievances about business in the New Continent.

Her mood was so relaxed that she was half-stunned by the time she had appreciated the violin performance prepared for her welcome.

The intention to show a strong hatred has already disappeared. It was unfamiliar to her to see herself sipping her tea with extra care than usual.

“Edith, if you don’t mind, I’d like to see you more often. I’m losing track of time with someone I can communicate with.”

The reason she wondered if he was being honest or not was proof that she was falling for Peyton.

“I’d love to, but I’m busy with work.”

She put on an apologetic look to not sound like a refusal. There was also a series of explanations that she could not withdraw herself because she was the Crown Prince’s direct servant.

“It’s too early to tell you this, but I’ve heard a lot of good things about Edith before. I’ve seen you at the academy’s graduation ceremony. However, it was difficult to approach the Ketzmorris because of a difficult problem.”

“My father is a little.… That’s right.”

She smiled faintly.

“Now that those barriers are gone, there is nothing to be afraid of. When I heard the news of your succession, I decided not to hesitate to send Edith a letter of a marriage proposal.”