Chapter 4

Edith was at her wit’s end, she had to cut down the towers of the papers at one time after another, and she managed to keep her shaky pupils in line with the reports. She was in a hurry, dozens of people were waiting in the next room.

As soon as she barely read and skimmed it, he drew attention by snapping his fingers.

“Now report to me. I’ll give you three minutes.”

The smallest hourglass was overturned with a time limit that was so terrifying that [tnote keyword=”she had pain in the back of her head”]The words meaning might be a real pain, but mostly it is a pain when you get angry or shocked by an unpleasant situation.[/tnote].

Three minutes? He must be joking now.

On the one hand, her heart was full of heat. But now, she regrets every minute and second.

There was no time to relax.

She spoke in a stuttering tone.

“We have received several complaints about the standing army’s maintenance costs being too high. It was not in wartime, but there was an opinion about whether it was necessary, and there were also opinions about who could dare challenge the imperial family’s authority.”

“Go on.”

“On the other hand, only one article advocated the standing army. Count Katinez said that it was necessary to strengthen the imperial power. He proposed that the estate’s size and property taxed on the aristocracy should be investigated in detail….”

“Okay, stop.”

He looked like a creature that had just fallen from heaven, but what he did was very merciless.

She didn’t like it.

Now that she thought about it, Clyde’s tone of speech became shorter as if they were close.

The way he looked up and down was unusual. She felt a shiver in her face, shoulders, and hands that were getting attention.

The appearance of the main male top was very burdensome, and she was worried about whether the documents were organized and explained properly.

It would have been bad to see him cut off the explanation without filling in three minutes.

In other words, it might be better off not explaining. She would still be scolded a little and kicked out.

Right, why did the idea just come to mind now?

Clyde was so aggressive that she thought she had to get it done quickly.

Edith’s fingers twitched as she gathered hands in front of her navel.

He had an unknown expression on his face, but he smiled when he stopped his gaze at her finger, which showed nervousness.

He rang a small bell on his desk, and a servant came in.

“Did you call me, Your Highness?”

“Sir Ketzmorris, the new clerk, has passed my examination. I think she’ll be quite useful.”

The gray-haired Grand Chamberlain looked at Edith from the side and slightly admired her.

“Oh, someone who passed Your Highness’ examination has finally appeared. Congratulation on finding a competent person.”

“The department that she originally applied to wasn’t in our palace, but you should come forward and deal with it. We can’t let her taken away, right?”