Surprises

AN: Too many turning points. Oop. Enjoy~
Preview Picture
https://pin.it/4ex3foq
———

Surprises 

"Please watch your steps," a monotone voice sounded on the platform as the message was repeated. Murmurs of the crowd zoned in and out of the area with the buzzing noise of the cicadas roaming the environment. The brunette adjusted her glasses as she held the young Celtic's hand, pulling him through the crowd to escape the train station.

"Y-Yuu..." The male spoke, stuttering at the boldness he was experiencing from his companion. "Yes, Proto?" The two soon stepped away from the crowded station and walked towards the park. "Is something the matter?"

A lump formed in his throat, unable to speak. The poor young lancer wasn't used to the current female's direct approach. Proto was used to seeing a young lad, roaming around the grassy fields and tumbling around without a care in the world. He's not used to being with the now 26-year-old version of herself. "...nothing Yuu."

"Speak up, you idiot." The sound of the older Celtic sounded within the two's minds, causing the young one to growl. "Shut up, Lancer. I don't need you to be on my ass." Snickering was heard telepathically. "Can't say I disagree on that, Proto." The mage chuckled as the younger version frowned at the response.

.

...

.

"Druid. Older me. We should go with Yuu on her assignment run." The older spearman frowned, crossing his arms as he leaned onto the wall. "Is that why you dragged me from my goddamn slumber, lad?" A yawn escaped Lancer as a tear escaped his eye. "It's something about what we discussed."

The druid sat up and leaned onto the backside of the bed, his arms also crossed. "Are you saying this isn't a coincidence that it coincided with Yuuki's mission?" The youngest one out of the three nodded. "Yeah. I may not be fully up to date with the current world's situation, but I can tell that something is happening as we speak."

"When you say it like that... something has been feeling off since a few years back when I was around." Lancer scratched the back of his head as he thought. "It felt ominous but I couldn't pinpoint what it was. Then again... everything was a hellhole back then."

"Let's get ready then. Does she know something is up besides the assignment?" Caster stretched his limbs, eventually cracking his back as he swung his legs over the edge of the bed. "No... not that I'm aware of," Proto replied.

.

...

.

"Please do not argue while I can hear all three of you, Cu." The adult sighed, stopping at the crosswalk. "Apologies, Yuu..." She squeezed his hand, smiling. "Apology accepted, Proto. None accepted from Lancer and Caster though."

"Are you serious, Princess?" The older spearman annoyingly questioned as their female companion and his younger self walked across the street. "I am serious, Lancer. Just because I am not physically around you three does not mean I do not see the obvious teasing among you."

"Whatever you say, Yuuki. Can't go against your words." Caster shrugged anyway despite not being visibly there. The brunette heard sighs from both older males, signifying their acceptance. She just smiled, nodding to herself as she released her grasp on the young Celtic's hand.

"Let me... grab the report from my bag to review them once more," she spoke aloud as she shuffled through her shoulder bag to grab the yellow envelope. Proto's brow rose as he stuffed his hands into his jeans pockets. "You reviewed them plenty of times, though Yuu... Why once more?"