Startling Scenery

AN: oh boy. This was an interesting turn for me to write. Enjoy the chapter regardless, everyone~ If you have any suggestions, let me know! Thanks!
Preview Picture: https://pin.it/uildvzteqrv342
———

—Startling Scenery—

The raven glanced at the envelope with the documents and a plane ticket. She sighed before placing the documents into her shoulder bag. She packed a rather light suitcase before heading out to the airport. This was a rather different assignment compared to the ones she had completed before. Most of the missions involved tedious tasks such as helping citizens around the outskirts of town and picking up items from other cities. What was even more interesting were the details that were explained...

Investigation Case File #7058.
Designated Location: Abandoned farm field within the midst Ireland.
Details on Incident: Numerous complaints were sent to the police involving unusual noises coming from a closed off farm outskirts of the city within the past year. The police had investigated the general vicinity however they had seen nothing unusual. A specific citizen there said that they clearly heard a buzzing-like noise from the area as they were passing by to get to their destination.
Request: The police station requests someone from the Mage's Association to investigate whether there is some sort of magic presence inside or not. Will present them with a reasonable reward after removal of the noise.

"Something on your mind, milady?" The female leaned back into the plane seat as she softly sighed. She had arrived at the airport and already boarded the plane, waiting for it to take off. Until then, she would be in the air for an hour and a half until she reached the city of Dublin, Ireland. "Yes. I'm thinking about the details on the report. Isn't Ireland your hometown, Cú?"

She heard the male telepathically scoff. "In a way yeah. But I got nothing but bad memories toward the end of my times. Especially that annoying sadistic princess I had to deal with back then." The raven instinctively felt his disgust through his tone of voice. "Then again, dealing with the queen of the land of shadows was also quite an ordeal. Ugh... Women were always the bane of my existence back then. Somehow still is, with the exception of you, of course. You literally lit up my purpose back then. Can't quite remember how but I'm definitely treasuring it."

She smiled to herself as she folded her arms. "You have a way with your words, huh mo ridire? Do you mind if you look after me? I'm going to rest until we get there." The raven heard him chuckle for a bit. "When do I not, my love? With that lucky pendant you made for us and our connection to be this strong, you should be perfectly fine. So until the plane hits the ground once more, I'll be at your side." Yuuki hummed as a confirmation before nodding off.

———

After quite some time, the raven eventually arrived at the hotel that was assigned to her. Obtaining the key to the assigned room, she went to the eighth floor room H6 and unlocked it. Before her was a bed and a bathroom with a small balcony at the end of the room. A small desk was at the corner while a relatively small television was hidden within a cabinet. She closed the door behind her and locked it as her companion materialized, sitting on the bed.

"Ho? Not bad for a hotel, don't you say?" She placed her luggage by the desk and fell backwards onto the bed. Her body softly bounced on the furniture, feeling the comforts of the fabrics. "It's decent enough for tourists and travelers. Not exactly for me though."

When she glanced at the male, he was dashing as always. The Celtic donned beige dress pants, a navy blue plaid shirt with a grey undershirt, and black shoes. His hair fell gracefully on his back, a gentle waterfall cascading onto the comforts of the strange furniture. "So you're saying that you need more room for yourself? Aren't you acting like an actual princess for once, hm?"