Proto (1)

AN: ... I have no words in how I am going to apologize for my readers who waited for this to update in so long. All I can say is... My deepest apologies.
Preview Picture: https://www.zerochan.net/2141965 (Art by user: Emily x Madeleine)
———

— Proto (1) —

The raven woke up to loud bickering from outside her room. Clearly something wasn't right between Lancer and Caster. She lightly groaned, not liking the fact that they were bickering at such an early time. She turned in her bed, seeing Proto peacefully asleep. His arms were loosely wrapped around her waist as he breathed consistently. She smiled to herself as she lightly sifted her hand through his short hair.

He muttered something incoherent before returning to his slumber. 'Was... Proto like this when I was a child? I... don't recall much.' She glanced at his features, smiling as he looked much like a child in her eyes. Her mind wandered as she snuggled right into the young lancer's arms.

'I'm kind of sad I cannot remember all of my memories from when I was a child. I would love to interact with Proto once more. He seems more of a knight than the other two combined from back then.' She lightly formed minuscule circles on his clothed chest for a moment before getting quite irritated at the two loudmouths outside her room. Her eye twitched greatly before she began to move away from him.

The sudden motion and disappearance of the female's warmth alerted the young lancer as he stirred awake. "Ergh..." His eyes fluttered open, seeing the raven's slightly exposed back. His face instantly flushed as the female turned. "Good morning, Proto." He sat up and faced away from her, as he scratched the back of his head. "U-Uh... 'Morning, Yuu..."

She chuckled, seeing that his reactions are rather fresh and new compared to the other two. "Are you okay, Proto?" His words sputtered out. "H-Huh? Uh. Yeah... I-I'm fine." The raven chuckled as she saw a refreshing emotion of Cu—well, a rather more innocent side. Was it because she remembered more of the sly and mature side of him or was it something else?

Last night, she tried to catch Proto up with the current times with what she did, what occurred, and the time regarding the holy grail war. His emotions fluctuated from pure sadness to toothy grins as well as hostility to discontent. He wasn't too happy with what his older Lancer self had done during the time he was there. The pure lack of chivalry when it came to protecting her somewhat boiled his blood. He would've stormed out of the room and forced his older self to fight him—to see who's the better fighter that could protect her. But... he didn't. He had his back on the bed structure while the raven was leaning into him as she spoke. If he moved out of position, not only would it not feel pleasant but it would also upset the atmosphere that was built.

The male scratched the edge of his cheek as he heard the female chuckle. "What's with the laugh then...?" She shook her head, just smiling for a bit before cuddling up to the young male. "It's nothing, Proto. Would you like to quiet your counterparts a bit? It's such an early time... and I would like to actually get some rest before we head out somewhere. I've been busy the past few days so I want to relax a bit more."

The male nodded, "Anything for you." He jumped up and off the bed before heading out of the room and closing the bedroom door. The female curled back into her bed, feeling quite comfortable under the covers. Eventually, she fell back to sleep with a smile left on her lips.

The youngster yawned as he scratched the back of his head and walked toward his older selves. The two were still arguing for some unknown reason he could not quite comprehend. "Shut up, you damn spearless version of me! You're useless when it comes to actual combat! Stop saying you'll be able to actually help out!"