Casting Shadows

AN: Excuse me while I decide to turn my brain off at this image above.
Preview Picture:  https://darkgreyclouds.tumblr.com/post/174709771437/lightbulb

———

— Casting Shadows—

The silence was the only thing leaving the poor female as she adjusted her seat on the couch; Caster's left arm loosely hung around her hip. She was eating what the youngest of the group made, savoring the food as she glanced at Lancer and the plush-looking one bickering at each other.

This is what she understood after waking up and getting nutrients into her system:

It has been five days after the incident and her falling unconscious.

El Melloi the Second—Waver Velvet—has been worried sick after hearing the news from her companions.

Parts of her memories feel tampered but she doesn't know what was tampered with in the first place.

Caster told her that the creature being(?) appeared after the explosion and her being knocked out.

The invisible dent she has continued to gnaw in the back of her head. Why did this creature appear before them? Why were there magic circles throughout the interior of the restaurant? Was it a trap for anyone who entered... or was it specific to a particular someone?

Her forehead scrunched up as she continued to eat, her hand motions not as fluid as before. The druid caught onto this, causing him to lean toward her side and whisper his concerns. "Are you alright, Yuuki? Something on your mind?" Hearing his voice in her ear made her flinch and halted her thoughts.

"O-oh, sorry Caster. I was just thinking... Were there any details that were left behind from the explosion?" She left her utensil by the side of her plate, grabbing the warm rose tea off the coaster to warm her hands. "Evidence? Can't really say there were any. Anything about physical evidence was blown to pieces or incinerated. Magical evidence, however, there were plenty."

The male leaned back into the couch and stretched his arm a bit before having it land behind his head. "It wasn't mentioned in the report if you're asking about it. It felt... very off. Everything about it felt off." The mage servant cracked his neck, adjusting himself on the furniture. "You with me, lad?"

Yuuki turned towards the young lancer as he jumped over the couch and plopped himself on the other side of the female. "Yeah, what he said. When we pulled you away from the explosion, it felt... ominous. It was similar to a shiver down our backs but worse." Proto leaned into the couch, his arms folded tightly. "It felt as if... a war was going on."

Her eyes narrowed as Proto spoke of the word war. "What are you talking about? If you are talking about a Holy Grail, you are very mistaken." She placed the beverage back down, agitatedly crossing her arms. "We are in the depths of the Clock Tower Association territory... If something like a grail war were to occur, the entire academy would be up in the air with rumors. I doubt something like this is happening right now when even Sir is not aware of it."

Both the young lance and druid instantly glanced over at their female companion, their brow rose simultaneously. "Sir? You rarely call that old man by that." The druid mumbled to himself before shaking his head briefly. "Just because that association of yours may not be aware, doesn't mean much. If anything, that makes things worse. If we, three, can sense it... it can only mean that something is already in play." The male bit his lip, contemplating the ground-shaking information that has just been revealed to the group of three.