Friend at the park - autism

Tittle: Friend at the park - autism

Tommy Minecraft has autism and is nonverbal. - Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a developmental disability caused by differences in the brain. People with ASD often have problems with social communication and interaction, and restricted or repetitive behaviors or interests. - Nonverbal autism is a subset of autism where the person does not learn how to speak. It is estimated that 25% to 50% of children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) never develop spoken language beyond a few words or utterances.

Words: 1146 (short one sorry!)
Written: February 9 2023
Corrected:
Upload: march 31st 2023

You can request!!

———

"Can you go check if Tommy's ready for the park?"asked Phil. Wilbur nodded going up to his younger brothers room. He knocked on the doors "hey Tom you ready to go?" He asked. He heard nothing from the other side for a few seconds but then the door opened. The younger made a squeal of excitement and was jumping up in down slightly.

He was also flapping his arms. He happyly stimming :D

"You existed toms?" He asked as they began to walk witch again he got a exited squeal. "That good. Come let's hurry up so we have time to get food on the way there" Wilbur said so he brother ran to get his coat and shoe on.

"Hey Tommy. Techno just grabbing his book then we can leave" Phil said. The younger didn't make any attempt to show that he heard. Witch was normal for him. If it didn't need a reply then he wouldn't give one.

Soon techno was ready to go and they got in the car. Tommy was kicking his feet excitedly. "Hey bud do you think you can use a replacement stim? You keep kicking my seat and we don't want to get hurt" Phil asked nicely. So the kid switched to flapping his arms while chewing on his shirt. Witch he would have chewed on anyways.

"Oh no Tommy get that out your mouth please" Wilbur asked noticing. The kid made a whining sound. "Wil it's fine he can do it if he chews though the clothes he had many others it will be ok" Phil said. "Alright"

They stopped at McDonald's and got food. Tommy got his usual order 5 peace chicken nuggets and a medium chips. He ate happily as they drove to the park.

Luckily he didn't break through the shirt so it still fit his school dress code so they don't need to buy a new shirt. There trying so hard to get him accepted in a new school but this school hard to get into but it's way better with kids with autism who are nonverbal.

They made it to the park and the younger ditches the rest of his food. Techno finished his chips since by the time he would remainder the food again they chips would be cold and he wouldn't eat them. Most people wouldn't honestly.

The others went after him entering the park. Only one other kid was there luckily. It will be easier! Explaining to a bunch of kids why Tommy won't talk back to them is hard so if they need to only do it once then amazing!

Tommy ran up the park and straight to the slide going down. He was having so much fun. Wilbur and techno ended up joining to play with him for a bit. They mainly played grounders. Somehow Wilbur always lost. He either would be the one to get caught or he wouldn't be able to get any of them for a long period of time.

Soon the twins got tired and went to sit with there dad.

"He having loads of fun glad we where able to get him out the house" Phil said. "Yea even with planing this weeks ahead didn't help us leave easily due to the meltdown last night" Wilbur said.

They are honestly surprised how much energy he had after having a meltdown but Tommy Is a really energetic kid.

"Hello am Tubbo!" The other kid at the park says. Tommy look towards his family asking for help. Wilbur got up and walked over to them. "Hello. This is Tommy he doesn't speak" wilbur says. "Oh that's ok. Tommy do you want to go play in the flower field with me?" Asked Tubbo. Tommy squealed as his way of saying yes so they went off to the flower field. It was shocking how that kid accepted it.

"Am 10 how old are you?" Tubbo asked with Tommy put up 9 fingers. "Ohh your almost the same age as me!" He said happily. "Do you know how to make a flower crown?" Asked tubbo with the younger shook his head. "That's ok I'll show you!"

Slowly Tubbo showed him how to make a flower crown and it was so cool!! Tubbo made one for Tommy and Tommy made one for him.

"You look poggers!" Tubbo said happily. Tommy tilted his head confused. "Oh poggers? It means something really cool or something like that" tubbo said.

Tommy didn't respond to that instead he looked away and pointed to a bee. Witch Tubbo gasped excitedly. "I love bees there so cool! Did you know that bees have pockets and that's where they store the pollen! It's so cool isn't it! Did you also know that-" Tubbo ranted about bees to Tommy for 15 minutes and they closely watch the bee collect pollen. Well until it flew aways in under 2 minutes.

Tommy's family walked up to them. "Sorry boys we need to head home now" Phil said interrupting Tubbos rant. Tommy made a noise singling he wanted to stay.

"Sorry bud maybe you can play with- him another time" Phil said. "Am tubbo! Also that's ok I know my dad's number I can give it to you!" He said. "Thanks Tubbo here let me grab my phone" Phil said. Tubbo gave the number and they where off.

Tommy was crying while leaving the park. That was his first friend and didn't want to leave. "I know bud but we can ask to hang out another day" Wilbur said trying to calm the younger in the backseat.

———

Tommy was accepted in the school and is allowed to start today. He has had a play date with tubbo 3 times now. It's been a month. Sadly Tubbo's dad is currently to busy to bring Tubbo to a play date witch is fine. Hopefully soon they can have more!

Tommy enters the class with the principal right behind him. "Hello class this is Tommy he will be joining you. He has autism and doesn't speak so be patient with him" she said. He then spotted tubbo. Wait tubbo goes to this school!!

"Miss can he sit next to me I already know him he my friend!" Tubbo asked excitedly witch she said yes so the two boys sat in the back. "So your autistic and that's why you don't talk! That's make sense now! Am dyslexic and this school really good for kids like us!" Tubbo said. So that's why he was so accepting and knew how to communicate with him. He goes to school with kids like him!

Most people talk though his family when trying to talk to the younger witch is annoying! He may not be able to talk but he can understand you!

People suck! Well not Tubbo.