MMMMICROWAVE! -tourrets

Tittle: MMMMICROWAVE! -tourrets

Tommyinnt has Tourette Syndrome. Tourette syndrome (TS) is a condition of the nervous system. TS causes people to have "tics". Tics are sudden twitches, movements, or sounds that people do repeatedly. People who have tics cannot stop their body from doing these things. For example, a person might keep blinking over and over.

Words: 1676
Written: February 11 2023
Corrected:
Upload: April 9th 2923

Tw: tics, tic attacks

I apologize for the shortness.

———

After 4 years of many doctors visits he finally got a diagnosis that he was starting to think was impossible to get. He already knew what it was just needed a diagnosis to hopefully get teachers and places he applied to work for a reason why he keeps doing this he doesn't try to do. Plus impostor syndrome sucks and apparently a diagnosis helps it be less bad.

"Hello. Am here for the job interview" he says entering the hotel. "Just wait over there sam will be with you in just a second" the receptionist said. He waited for 4 minutes before she arrived. The interview went well. Until they asked the dreaded questions. "What is your major weakness?" She asked.

"Uh- well umm" he knew this was the part most people automatically know there not giving him a job.

"I have this condition call Tourette's witch makes me do things I don't try to do. It's not that bad just usually only bad when I have a tic attack. I swear it won't disrupt my work!" He says. He just wanted work experience so when he tried getting a job in the future they won't deny him for lack of experience!

She seemed nervous. "Alright" welp he not getting the job.

They finished the interview "alrigth thank you so much for coming you will get a email in a few days to see if you got the job" she said.

"Ok thank you so much have a nice rest of your day" he said as his face twitched. Yup definitely not getting the job.

Less then 24 hours later he got the deny email. At least they told him! Most places don't.

The 15 year old sighed ready to give up. This disorder gets him kicked out of classes, stores, stops him from volunteering at most places and now won't let him get job experience. He needs 40 hours of volunteer work to graduate. At these point he not going to have a bright future.

"Wait no don't give up. Your Tommy. Tommy Simons. And Simons never give up!" He said to himself.

So he went onto redit and onto r/Tourette's many people there know how he struggling so hopefully he will be able to see how others dealt with this.

There this girl who was talked about a lot. Sweetanita. She a YouTuber with Tourette's. WAIT! He can try YouTube again! He did it when he was 12-13 he can try again!

So he did. Then he moved onto also streaming.

———

"8 more!" He said excitedly into the mic. "YES! One million!!" He said excitedly. His friends in the call celebrated with him.

Now he at 10 million. He remaindered the day he decided to be a YouTuber like it was less then 100 words ago. The day he reached a million and the day he told everyone about how he has Tourette's. He remedainbers them all so clearly.

"Hey chat! Ready for some lore??" He said into the mic. Witch chat went crazy. They where really excited. He soon joined the call and they begun.

Chat could see Tommy's face keep twitching and the panic on his face. They where wondering what was wrong.