The note

Here's a bonus story that is not a sickfic at all.
The texting trend on TikTok makes me want to cry, this is kinda inspired by that.
ANYWAYS HERE YOU GO!

"Tommy, your quiet," Wilbur pointed out. "Yeah, sorry," he said, his voice cracking a bit. "What are you doing? Are you ok?" He asked worriedly, the other in the call stayed quite.

"Just writing," he mumbled, focused on his writing. "About what? You don't seem ok," Wilbur asked, he was worried about the younger.

"Just a letter to someone," he responded. "To who?" Asked Phil joining there conversation. "My dad."

"Your dad?" Wilbur questioned out loud. He's never mentioned his dad before. "Yeah, every year for his birthday I write him a letter, I tell him about what's going on in my life, achievements iv done, goals iv made, things I've done that I struggle to do. I write it all for him and give it to him on his birthday," Tommy said, he sounded happy and calm. His voice was quite, in like usual, where he was loud and talking a bit to fast, he seemed completely different when he talked about his father.

"Where is your dad, Tommy?" Asked Techno, his voice was quite, he seemed scared to ask. "Oh, he died years ago," Tommy said.

"Oh..." Wilbur said sadly, "I'm so sorry Tommy." "I try hard for him, he's probably the reason iv gotten though the bullying at school and the hate comments, the treats and everything. Even though he's dead I still feel bad giving him one small piece of paper with my whole year written down, I want him to read a stack of them, to know I am someone. I don't know what I believe what happens after death but I hope he's proud of me we're ever he is," Tommy said, his vocie cracking as tears where now streaming down his face, they couldn't see that though, but they all knew he was crying.

"Oh Tommy, he is most definitely proud of you. So are we, and not just for your accomplishments, for the person you became," Phil said.

"You are?," he asked, "wait what do you mean by the person I became?"

"Yes of course I'm proud of you. What I mean is just look at you, you try and make everyone laugh, happy or sad. You just want people to be happy, you care for the environment. You respect boundaries and try and learn from your mistakes. That's you as a person, your accomplishments and career is just a side part. Without all of that your father would still be so proud. Your are enough," Phil said.

Tommy breath hitched. "One page is enough?" Tommy asked witch Phil nodded, he had his camera on. "One page is enough, but write as many as you want. Just know, with one page he will still be proud."

———

The next week, Wilbur came to Tommy's fathers grave with him, Techno back in America and Phil was busy, but Tommy was just happy he wasn't going alone this year. His parents broke up before Tommy was even born, nothing toxic, just they both fell out of love.

They didn't remain friends after the break up, but they where nice it each other since they will always be in each others lives. Except when Tommy's father died when he was 12 years old from a heart.

He went with his mum until he was 16 but after that he started going alone. After 3 years he was finally with someone again.

"So Wilbur, this is my dad," Tommy said showing him the grave. Wilbur smiled at him, "want to sit? We can read your note out-loud to him," Wilbur said.

Tommy mentioned he alway reads it outloud then leave it there, he had no idea what the after life is like, he might be able to hear him, he might be able to read the paper. Who knows.

"Um ok," he said nervously and sitting down, it was never an easy thing to do.

He shakenly opened the paper. "H-hi dad, it's Tommy. I- um," Tommy looked up at Wilbur nervously. "You got this, keep going," Wilbur said.

Tommy nodded. "I turned 19 this year and a lot has happen, I-" he read the note, crying at some point and Wilbur comforted him and encouraged him to continue going the whole time. It was a beautiful night as he read to his dad, Wilbur by his side.

"I miss you, dad," Tommy mumbled laying his head against Wilbur shoulder and falling asleep slightly. "I'll make sure he gets home safely, I'll take care of him for you," Wilbur whispered to the grave.

He shook Tommy a bit, "let's get to the car, you can sleep in there, it's to cold to sleep here," Wilbur said, "ok, Wilby."

Also I started the recommendation sickfic and I'm so sorry it's taking so long, I feel asleep while writing it and then forgot it existed for a while. I'll try to get it out soon!