2

("Where do you want to go in high school?" Eli asked, Jay, hesitated, J High. "Good choice, I'm planning on going there too."

We might not be in the same department... Eli peeked at him, and asked, "why?" 

I want to go to the fashion department, and you... you decided to be in the beauty department.

Eli tapped Jay's shoulder to look at him, "That's okay, we can still see each other," he smiled.

Jay nodded.)

_____

Daniel was 16 when he decided what his treasure would be.

After his deal with Charles, he began official work under the CEO, checking police reports and hidden forums for potential recruits and digging through any history he could find of them on the internet, biding his time until Charles gave him a mission.

His missions had never been too long-term, mainly undercover work that asked him to eliminate pests from the CEO's work.

Then one day, Charles had given him his first long-term mission. "Infiltrate J-High." The chairman said, "There have been rumors of gang affiliation here, see if it's any worth looking into."

So here Daniel is, walking in the halls of J-High. When he arrived at the doors of his new class, he gathered all the confidence he had and opened the door.

"Class." The teacher called. "This is Daniel Park, remember to treat him with respect. Please choose where you want to sit."

He looked around the class, there were boys glaring at him in jealousy, a girl admiring him with too much love in her eyes, and Jay.

Wait.

His head nearly whipped to his surprise. Instead, he managed to fake calm and turn his eyes over to the blond boy sitting at the back of the class.

And, he's extremely sure that's Jay. His Jay.

A windswept cut, slightly slicked hair covering his eyes, his round face now more narrow and mature, long piano fingers with chrome rings around all of them.

A surprised look, like he couldn't believe Daniel was actually there. Daniel could say the same to Jay.

(During all the years they had been separated, all Daniel could think about was his friend, always wondering how he was at least twice every day.

Seeing him now, how much he'd grown and how handsome he'd become, Daniel realized how deeply he cared for his best friend.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and god was Daniel smitten.)

Without hesitation, he pointed to the seat right next to his old friend.

The teacher seemed to be stuttering out something, but Daniel wasn't interested in listening. Without hesitation, he was walking straight to the seat next to his old friend.

"Hello," Daniel said impersonally. "I'm Daniel Park."

Jay looked back at him, before nodding lightly.

The teacher was teaching something, Daniel thought distantly, though all the students seemed rather transfixed on him and Jay. He kind of wanted to snap at them, ask them what they wanted and tell them to leave him alone so he could properly talk to his friend.

But what was there to say?

I miss you? I'm sorry I couldn't find you after all these years? I'm not the same person anymore?

Jay must have a million questions like Daniel does for him.

When the bell rang, Daniel had no hesitation in standing up and leaving the class. A quick tap on Jay's shoulder and he was gone.

He walked to the men's bathroom, standing and looking at his visage in the mirror. What was his face today, he wondered, what would be the perfect face needed to properly greet Jay?

Surprisingly enough, there was a knock on the door. A silent Can I see you?

"Come in," Daniel said with an absent tone that held too many emotions. "You don't have to knock on a bathroom door, you know."

With much hesitation, there was Jay, standing awkwardly near the door.

"Jay." Daniel breathed slowly, taking the time to truly appreciate how his friend turned out.

Long legs, a slim torso, soft lips, and high cheekbones that only accentuated his face. Jay looked at him with a soft, confused look in his body language, concern and worry palpable from where he stood.

He couldn't help but jump and wrap Jay tightly in his arms. "I missed you." He said quietly. "I wish I found a way to get in contact with you."

(Something like surprise and infatuation bursts like a fountain in his heart. Warming him up for so long it felt like his mother was beside him again, carding her hands through his hair and listening to him speak about his day with Jae as if she didn't see it happen.

It was then that a thought cemented itself into Daniel's mind.

Jay will be mine. )

Jay didn't spare a moment of hesitation to hug him back, something like tears dampening his coat. He never spoke in Daniel's presence, but he can hear his dear friend all too clearly.

I missed you so much.

Daniel nearly didn't realize that he was crying as well.

(In the void that was his heart, love, and obsession threatened to mix.)

When their hug was over, Daniel couldn't help wiping away the tear tracks on his friend's face. "We have a few more periods until we get lunch, right?" Daniel asked.

When Jay nodded, the other continued. "We'll catch up then, but I think we caused enough suspicion staying in the bathroom for 15 minutes."

Jay's small smile made his empty heart burst with life.

Merrily, Daniel held Jae's arm, leading him back to the classroom as if Jay was the new student and not him. Jay shuffled nervously, seemingly worried but unable to protest against Daniel's actions.

The class seemed to be gaping at their entrance, Daniel's cold demeanor slid back onto his face like a mask, his slight smile suddenly a hard line.

"We're back in class, Jay." Daniel hummed, "Remember what I said."

Jay seemed surprised before nodding and following Daniel back to his seat.

"Psst." A girl with brown hair reached out, and Daniel and Jay glanced at her, the girl whispered, "Eli Jang was looking for you, Jay." 

Eli Jang? Daniel grimaced in distaste.

 Don't people know it's rude to stare? If you were to stare, the least you could do is not make it so obvious. Daniel's used to attention, he wasn't vain but even he could see his own beauty.

But Jay had never liked attention when they were young, always shrinking into himself and hiding behind Daniel if a stranger approached them, always letting his friend take the lead and never once speaking his mind.

And the current Jay didn't seem all that different. Sure he seemed more comfortable under the spotlight, but he was tense, aware of their eyes, and more than uncomfortable with being stared at so blatantly.

Daniel glared at everyone in the class. "Is there a problem?" He smiled sweetly. It was his first line of defense, his syrupy smile paired with his eyes made for a fascinating dichotomy.

A smile so sweet it could attract honey, eyes so empty it seemed to suck the life out of everyone in the room.

Everyone looked away and the teacher came back to see the class dutifully looking at the board, avoiding the glacier-eyed stare of the Fashion Department's new ice prince. All while the prince himself exchanged notes with the boy next to him.

"Jay, you knew Eli Jang?" he asked, Jay, nodded in response. "How?"

No answer. 

Daniel's empty eyes raise in jealousy, how could his precious Jay, know a guy like Eli Jang?