11

The performance was... boring. If Daniel was blunt about it.

The Baking department's show was fun enough, mainly because they decided to use knives instead of drums, but other than that Daniel had no interest in watching the show. Jay seemed to be in agreement with that fact even if he scolded Daniel for being rude about his opinions.

So, to keep his own mouth shut, Daniel spent the time watching his surroundings.

The counselors were staring at everyone, a mix of fear and disbelief prevalent on their faces. Zeus, on the other hand, was holding up his phone, his face pleasant and mild if it weren't for the creeping smile stretching and contorting his face.

Daniel frowned, glaring at the man darkly when Zeus caught his gaze. The man's smile widened, unrepentant under Daniel's gaze before making a show of dragging his eyes up and down Jay.

Daniel nearly growled, pulling Jay so close he might as well be sitting on Daniel again. Jay looked at him in confusion before looking behind them.

Daniel glared at Zeus, his face as mild and pleasant as it ever was. "Don't look at him angel," Daniel advised. "I don't want his attention to be on you."

Jay nodded, discomfort in his every expression.

That night, when everyone had retreated into their own rooms, Jay finally uncovered the cigarette pack inside his pants.

"Jay, you're my absolute savior." Daniel bemoaned, taking one from the pack and letting Jay light the end up for him.

Daniel inhaled the familiar smoke of cigarettes. He wasn't a regular smoker, if anything Daniel usually limits his smoking to only once a month if possible. Today was the day he used up his monthly smoking card, Daniel mused.

Then, his smoke was taken from his lips, Jay smiling cheekily before putting them on his own and inhaling, his body loosening until he looked like he could sink into the mattress.

"Jay." Daniel whined. "If you're gonna steal my cigarette and make it an indirect kiss, you could at least shotgun me."

Jay smiled and leaned in. What is it with you and being so touchy with me, hm?

Daniel fake pouted, batting his eyelashes dramatically. "Can't I want some attention from the prettiest man I know?"

Jay blushed, a pretty thing that sadly only brightened his cheeks before he shook it off with a huff and an exhale. You love me too much.

"Is it really a surprise?" Daniel leaned close to his angel's face, staring at his bangs yet not resisting when his gaze traveled to a high nose, soft cheekbones and softer lips. "Absence made my heart grow fonder, so fond I fell in love when I saw you again."

Jay frowned, his face so close to Daniel the man could imagine seeing every single crease on his skin. Wouldn't that mean that you're codependent on me?

"I don't think so, why?" Daniel inhaled when Jay exhaled the smoke, smiling when Jay pouted at him with flustered cheeks. "I always thought of you, on a good day I'd wonder how well you were doing, on bad days you'd be the only thing on my mind."

That sounds unhealthy, Daniel. Jay leaned until they were nose-to-nose, Jay's legs shifting until it was curling around Daniel's waist. It sounded like you could have become codependent on me, when we get into a relationship I don't want to be fuel to your bad habits.

When, when, when, when. That word ran through his head. Now isn't the time. He thought to himself and looked back at Jay, so close Daniel would have thought they were one person. "I'm not that codependent on you, angel."