19

"You must really like that boy.." Eugene whispered his voice as broken as the wrist Daniel was stepping on.

Daniel giggled with a mask on his face, his eyes brighter than the sun and darker than the empty universe. "I proved that time and time again, didn't I?"

He had a private letter from one Eugene, CEO of Workers, asking for a meeting with him that very night.

Eugene wanted to see if they could talk privately, to know if he could sign a contract with Daniel over a matter he didn't want to say over an invitation.

Seeing as Eugene also worked under Charles Choi, Daniel had agreed.

So you could tell why he was surprised when he saw so many people at their meeting point.

"What's the meaning of this, Eugene?" Daniel called, "I thought we had a private meeting, not a public get-together with the gangs."

Everyone on his side of the room paused, staring at him in confusion.

"What are you saying, Daniel?" Zack asked, a frown on his lips whilst he clenched his hand in preparation. "You had a meeting with these guys?"

Daniel smiled sheepishly. "Ahhh, I'm sorry we had to see each other like this, Zack."

"Like what?!" Zack glared. "Don't tell me Jay doesn't know you're here."

Daniel feigned a pout, making a face so endearing they all blinked in whiplash. This is the man Eugene personally wrote his name to ask.

"He doesn't, why do you ask?" Daniel hummed. "He's sleeping right now."

"Now, Eugene." Daniel hummed, walking into the center of the room. "What is it that you wanted to bring me here? I expect the truth, you already have one strike from lying to me."

Eugene smiled a sweet little thing that truly hid his cunning personality. "It's a pleasure to properly meet you, Demon."

Demon? Eli thought, his eyes widening.

(Years ago, rumors ran through the underground like parasites.

Rumors of a ruthless demon, biting away every crew that threatened Charles Choi's hard work. Almost like a lapdog, if dogs had free will and a mind ready to kill their owner.)

" You're the Demon?" Jake Kim whispered, most likely have heard the rumors. "I... didn't think I'd fight a demon face-to-face."

"I'd love to throw my face away and greet you properly." Daniel cooed, "You all look lovely this evening, but I have a meeting to finish and a warm bed to go home to."

They tensed, he guessed they hadn't properly forgiven him for that one time Daniel went angry at them.

"I apologize for the late hour, Demon." Eugene greeted kindly, "We had prepared a chair for you, but as you can see over there..." He pointed to the smashed chair next to Vasco. "It was broken when the gangs started fighting."

"We didn't realize you were coming," Johan Seong said, as respectful as a child who's first learning high society etiquette. "Sorry, maybe you can get another chair?"

Daniel chuckled. "No need, I can stand just fine. What did you need from me, Eugene?"

The elder smiled, "I'd like to make a deal with you. I'm sure you're aware, but Charles Choi has been thinking of wiping out the Four Major Crews. We haven't been touched just yet, you see, seeing as we know Charles's secret."