6

"Oh, there's a festival?" Daniel asked, walking home with Jay.

It was a nice day, a day when Jay decided to get exercise by walking to school instead of riding his fancy bike. That meant, to Daniel's delight, Daniel could walk Jay home instead of heading off in separate directions the moment school ended.

Jay nodded, making gestures to expand his opinions.

"I heard from the sophomores that we have to participate in an auction." Daniel hummed. "The girls will bet on us and whoever wins gets a date. If it were me, I'd make you come up and spend all the money I have on you, make sure everyone knows that you're off the market."

Jay huffed a pout and gently shoved Daniel, who laughed and didn't tell his friend how true his thoughts were.

The day of the festival was more fun than he thought, he dragged Jay just about everywhere he could, pointing at food and more than happy to buy his friend all the gifts he wanted.

(Which sadly wasn't a lot.)

Zack was much too unwilling in joining the auction, which meant that he set up his boxing booth to raise money.

Daniel wanted to join the booth if he were honest, join and box with the other man to see if he could win against Jinsung.

But Jay was being so cute next to the bread stall, so Daniel didn't have the mind to leave his friend the entire day. And he was cautious that Eli might steal him up while he wasn't looking.

Then, the ever-dreaded auction came up.

(Daniel fought like hell to get time for himself before the auction started.

"If you're going to make me get up there," Daniel started with a bright smile on his face. "Then I want the auction to be delayed by 30 minutes, I had plans to look at all the stalls you know."

The girls pouted and whined. "But why? You'd bring us a lot of money if you joined the auction."

"No." Daniel could almost feel the poison dripping out his mouth. "The sophomores are planning a fashion show, yes? Then they can go first. After that, if we are truly planning to do that auction, I either come up there with Jay, or I don't come up at all."

"Jay?" One of the girls' faces twisted in confusion before it broke into recognition. "Oh, you mean your blond friend! Sure, he can come up too."

Daniel desperately fought the urge to snarl at her and retreated to Jay. "I'm sorry for dragging you into the auction, Jay." He simpered. "If it makes you uncomfortable, I could always do it on my own."

Jay looked at him, something a little angry in his eyes before he sighed.

Just remember to tell me next time you do this, ok?

Daniel smiled. "Don't worry, I'll make sure the attention won't even pay attention to you, you just need to be my emotional support, ok?"

"I have my ways." Daniel settled on saying.)

Daniel watched in unbridled amusement as people came and went at the auction, occasionally chuckling at how low the money went for some of the men.

"Oh, Jay..." He hummed softly and hugged his friend again. "I don't think any amount of money can compare to you. You're worth more than 10 million."

The taps on his back told him what his friend truly thought of that.

You're placing too much money on me, I'm worth a thousand at most.

"Lies and slander!" Daniel fake-gasped. "You're worth more than diamonds! I can't let you say that to yourself."

Jay smiled and ignored the blush rising on his face. He looked gorgeous at that moment, smiling like Daniel's words meant the world, shining so brightly despite the black curtain behind them blocking out the sun.