17

Jay's hurt.

That's the only thing he's thinking.

His Jay. hurt. On the ground, right behind Logan.

Someone's grabbing his arm, someone had thrown him onto the ground a few minutes ago, but he can't focus on anything else.

Jay, Jay, Jay, Jay.

Before he knew it, he had his darling in his arms.

A mess, that's what he looks like. A mess. His hands were burnt enough that Daniel worried about third-degree burns, if he moved Jay's fringe he thinks he'd spot where the blood was dripping from as well.

He focuses on his hearing. Alive, breathing, awake.

Like a cut marionette, Daniel sags. Slowly, his vision opens up to see the people around him. They were surrounded by a thousand, maybe, all of them staring at Daniel with a kind of wariness reserved for a wild animal.

(They had watched Daniel, watched as Jerry Kwon threw him into the middle of the ring, watched him freeze and his friend tense up before the young man suddenly flew across the circle.

They had thought he was charging at them, but instead, he picked up his friend who had lay on the ground, unconscious.

It was total silence, those who could look at his face only said one thing.

"His face looked like those expensive china dolls."

Beautiful and utterly devoid of life.)

"Should I bring you somewhere else, darling?" Daniel asked quietly, pulling Jay closer. "It'd be great for my peace of mind if I knew you were safe..."

Whispers picked up from among the crowd. "Oh, so you're the mighty Daniel Park, huh?" Someone from the crowd called out, their voice a song of mockery as they took in the sight. "I didn't know that was the blondie. I guess he was weak after all."

Laughter amongst the crowd was only stifled when doll-like eyes landed on them.

"Hey, are you there, Daniel?" Vasco asked. No reply.

"Leave it." Logan hissed, pulling everyone away from Daniel. "He's not gonna be listening to your words."

Zack looked surprised, staring up at the large man's apprehensive face. "Why do you look so hesitant?!" Vin Jin yelled, looking too tired to properly kick and throw a tantrum. "What?! Is he supposed to be scary?!"

"You haven't seen the shit he did, huh?" Logan huffed. "Tell me, is the blond systema bastard important to him?"

"Really important," Zack said slowly, confused at the line of questioning. "Pretty sure Daniel waxed poetic about marrying him in the future."

Logan tensed up. "Ah, shit..."

"Guess we're here to watch a bloodbath."

(When information brokers had been asked about Daniel, they had laughed.

"Oh, the Park boy?" A guy had said, "I heard his face was like a china doll. Pretty, easily broken."

"Don't let his face fool you though." A girl had said, her eyes grim and her hands practiced as she lit a cigarette. "He's pretty, but rumor has it that he's batshit insane."

"We don't have any proof on him." Another said, somehow perfecting the art of a perfectly straight slouch. "All we have on him is that one account from middle school."

"What happened then, you ask?" A young man said, his smile sleazy and his eyes hooded. "Well, they said he killed someone.")

Daniel felt.. serene. Empty, but not quite.

As he gazed at the people around him, his darling awake and resting in his arms, Daniel couldn't help but smile.

What do you want right now? He asked himself, staring at his darling. You want to kill.

Kill who?

"Who decided to hurt my Jay?" He asked sweetly, pitch-black eyes staring into the depths of their souls.

No one replied.

Daniel smiled wider, then glanced at his angel. "My love, may I ask who hurt you?" He asked in a sugary sweet tone, staring at Jay with impossibly empty eyes.

Without looking, Jay gently tapped on his shoulder.

With a sweeter smile than he ever thought possible, Daniel pulled Jay even closer. "Thank you for your help, my angel."

"I'll decimate everyone in this ugly ring."

With a smile uglier than the heart holding up an angel, Daniel fought.

(If you were to ask Gun or Goo about Daniel Park, they'd laugh in your face.

"What do we know about a 'Daniel Park'?" Gun said, "If you wanted to mess with him, I wouldn't recommend it."

"No one knows who he really is." Goo said conspiratorially, like a best friend sharing a secret "He always wears a mask, you know. Not a trace of a real personality there."

"You know what we think, though?" Goo said. "We think that Daniel Park is a terrific fighter."

"What good is it that he's on our side." Gun huffed, "I can't even fight him without worrying about the boss. He's a monster of a man, though."

"Broke my arm pretty bad when I said his boyfriend was cute enough for me to snatch up.")

Before they knew it, they were fighting again.

Jay had been put down somewhere, no one truly knew where, exactly, but judging by the sounds of smashing they thought Jay got up again. Though the attention was almost solely focused on Daniel, who smiled and laughed as he danced around his opponents, his hands grasping shoulders before sending them tumbling like a bowling ball.

They would be normal if he hadn't nearly ripped their muscles out before throwing.

He fought like a well-rehearsed dance, each movement spoke of a fight well-fought, every pulls and every push spoke of a man who knew common weak points, and every bite into the arms told a story of ripped veins and fractured bones.

They would say that Daniel fought like an angry Eli Jang, rabid and angry, like starving dogs fighting over scraps of food.

The difference was that Daniel pulled sinews, whereas Eli only bit.

Two monsters in human form, one only slightly better than the other.

"Whatever you do, don't try attacking the blond bastard!" Jin Jang commanded, watching Daniel dance and jump and maneuver like he knew their every move. "He'll only go crazier!"

A demon's laugh echoed amongst the crowd.

"Looks like the party started without us." A voice called out. "Dan, what do you think?"

There, standing at the back of the crowd, were two men.

They all stopped to stare.

"Ah, Eli Jang!" Daniel perked up, his voice saccharine as he took in the sight of the other man. "Lovely to see you."

Eil Jang looked back, familiar eyes staring into his. The leader seemed beyond angry, his face pressed into a smooth, cold line, unlike Daniel.

"Are you ready to clean up your mess, Big Daddy? " Daniel crooned, his arms holding someone he bit at the neck, the boy groaning as he struggled to breathe. "The little group one of your members made hurt my angel. I hope you deal a fitting punishment to him." 

Else he'll be dealt by me, he doesn't say.

They hurt... WHO? Eli Jang doesn't Jay, knowing who they've hurt. Jay...

Eli Jang's hard stare grew even colder, before looking away and staring at Jang Jinhyuk "I'll keep it short, where's Olly Wang."