10

(Jay missed him. He missed being with Eli. For God knows how many times did Eli comfort him, from all the things he thought were hell.

Like his Father. 

Or his brother.

All the neglection they gave him.

But Eli was always there, right beside Jay.)

When the day of the retreat finally arrived, Daniel came in with the full plan of enjoying his 3-day vacation as much as physically possible.

How? One would ask. Simple: Make Jay laugh as much as he physically could.

Which definitely didn't bode well with the current seating arrangements.

See, Daniel had a seat right in the middle at the back of the bus, Zack would be sitting on the left, and Doo Lee (An annoying man who tried to get Daniel drunk but ended up outdrinking the man) sat on his right, the girls and Jiho (Gambler, annoying and threatened to tell the whole school that Daniel and Jay were dating.) in the front of him.

Which left zero space for Jay to sit.

He eyed the chair right next to the teacher for a moment before looking back at the group.

He wanted to sit there, but he also wanted to seat with Jay who hadn't entered the bus yet...

"Stop thinking so loud." Zack glared. "If you want Jay to sit with you so much he might as well sit on your lap or something."

It was definitely meant as a joke, Daniel himself knew it was a joke, and everyone on the bus knew it was a joke.

But the brightest smile that broke out on Daniel's face spoke aloud everything he thought of that suggestion.

Jay ended up sitting on Daniel's lap, sporting the reddest face anyone had ever seen on the Fashion Department's prince. If you looked at the ice prince, however, one would have thought he was trying to outshine the sun with how happy he looked.

Though he lived up to his name when he heard a girl mutter, "Who would have thought two of the most handsome people in the Fashion Department were gay? What an absolute waste of good looks."

The glare he shot at her when Jay sunk into the seat from insecurity made everyone shut their mouths quickly.

On Daniel's left side, Zack looked ready to throttle the two friends.

When they arrived at the camp itself, everyone left the bus in bursts of loud chatter, Daniel grasped Jay's wrist while his eyes explored the campground currently visibly.

It was secluded, too secluded.

Daniel ran an internal checklist as he looked around minutely, the forest was dense enough that if the sound were to travel it would be hard to track down, the surrounding area had no cameras in case anything were to happen, the facility itself lacked the necessary measures to keep its students safe.

This place, Daniel privately decided, wasn't good enough for someone like Jay.

"Angel." Daniel crooned and hugged Jae. "Room with me, please?" He faux-begged, smiling when his friend huffed a faux-exasperated sigh and nod.

"Daniel! I'll room with you!" "Can I room with you too!? Please?!" "No fair! I wanna come too!"

Daniel smiled brightly then lowered his lashes, pulling Jay so close they were cheek-to-cheek, and purred out "All you ladies are so beautiful I don't think me nor Jay would be able to handle you all."