14

"Jay!" Daniel hugged his friend by the waist and spun him around, ignoring the man's silent squeal of surprise. "We're at Notte World!"

For the first time in a long time, Daniel couldn't help but be excited.

For one, this was a class field trip with his friends (he's been opening up to his friends more like Jay told him, and it's been better than he thought.) where they could all hang out and have as much fun as they could together.

For two, he and Jay would finally have a date later that night, just the two of them wandering around Notte World and enjoying the food they have, just him and Jae, on a date.

Daniel was practically vibrating from excitement for later that night.

His friends, who were now fearless enough to call "Gay!" Whenever Daniel pulled Jay too close to be platonic, were laughing at how excited Daniel seemed.

"Then again.." Joy said faux-innocently. "Jay finally told Daniel they could go on a date later tonight."

Everyone in their group gasped. "Really?!" "Finally! Jay actually made a move this time!" "Gosh, I hope they get their feelings in order soon, it's painful to watch them act like a married couple all the time." "I know! I stopped being jealous because watching them was diabetes-inducing!"

Daniel smiled innocuously, still holding Jay up by his waist even though everyone could tell the man was fighting to be let down. "Are you guys bullying me?"

Mira gulped, but Zack smirked defiantly and said "Yes. Who would have thought Jay would be the one to invite you out on a date?"

"Hey!" Daniel sighed dramatically. "He wasn't letting me date him! I can't ask him out 'cause it's become a part of our agreement!"

"What agreement are we talking about?" Yui commented mildly, her face twisted in confusion.

Daniel sighed. "He told me, in more polite terms, that I needed to get my shit together. Otherwise, I can't actually be Jay's boyfriend."

"Setting up boundaries eh? That's pretty good." Zack remarked. "Though honestly, I thought you would have tried ignoring his words and just dating him anyway."

Daniel stared in irritation. "Do you really think so lowly of me? I may act like it but I like it better when Jay is comfortable and wants to go with whatever I do."

"Sorry, I couldn't help thinking about it with the way you usually act with him." Zack raised his hand. "Won't bring it up again, alright?"

Daniel hummed and nodded. "You better not." Jay huffed, scolding Daniel again and he responded in kind.

Despite the terrible beginning, it was the most fun day Daniel had in years. They had debated on which rides they wanted to go on, taking photos of each other at the dumbest booths with the most Oscar-worthy acting they could come up with.

(They all went on Disco Pow Pow together, wearing cute little headbands that made Daniel internally coo.

"Wow! Look at how cool those two are!" The announcer had said at the sight of Joy and Jay. "They don't even budge!"

Jay had, for some really weird reason, decided to jump out of her seat and cannonball right toward him and Jay, only for Jay to block her like she was a football.

The siblings continued like that for the entire ride, Joy yelling with a force bigger than life for her brother to catch her, Jay panicked grabbing her in any way he could in fear of her falling.

Daniel crossed his leg and watched with unveiled amusement for the entire ride. Guess these two Hongs are just as crazy as each other.

Joy was laughing hard when they finally got off, yanking at her brother's arm and yelling so loud she was attracting attention "Bro! Bro! That was so much fun!! Let's do it again, please?")