18

"Are you sure you're okay, angel?" Daniel crooned, pulling Jay even closer than physically possible. "Your hands were so burnt! I ought to hunt those people down and make them pay!"

Didn't I tell you that I did that? Jay sighed, the blond was sitting sideways on Daniel's lap, his hands so bandaged they looked like a mummy. I think you just wanted a reason to go mad at that time.

"No no." Daniel pouted, his hands holding onto Jay's waist a little tightly. "I'm quite sure you told me they hurt you!" He said brightly, silently hoping he could leave a mark on his angel's waist.

Jay looked at him with disapproval, as if he knew what Daniel was doing. You can't deny me telling you I burnt my own hands, just admit that you got angry when you realized I was hurt.

Daniel pouted, then sighed and relaxed his grip, "Fine, I really was angry." He muttered, "Seeing passed out on the ground like that... god I don't know what I'd do if you were fatally injured."

Well, he had some ideas. Just ones that would lead to his own eventual end.

Feeling that familiar anger welling up again, Daniel smushed his face into Jay's collarbone. "Are you sure your head is okay, angel?" He asked, his voice muffled. "You would have fallen to the ground if I didn't catch you."

My hero. Jay chuckled, his blond hair mussed and his eyes hidden away by bandages.

(The doctor had seen the state of them and nearly screamed in alarm.

Daniel himself were so hurt he might as well be lugging broken bones, Zack was still in the hospital from extended hits to the head, and Vasco was in the least pain out of all of them, being built of pure muscle it somehow protected his bones from breaking.

Jay's hands were so grievously burnt that the doctors were discussing getting him skin grafts.

All of them had extended damages to the head, which meant that they were all bandaged like mummies and forced into doing less-backbreaking work for a long while.)

Daniel had been better for some time now, getting in as many snuggles and pampering as he could before his angel's hands were properly healed.

Because nothing sparks greater joy in Daniel than pampering and loving Jay while his dear was healing.

"I'm so sad that I have to work tonight, I can't feed you anymore." He whined, kissing Jay's neck and chin sadly. "I'll miss you so much..."

It's only a night or so. You can live. Jay laughed, kissing his nose. Stop being so dramatic, Danny.

"Fine, fine," Daniel whined, gently caressing Jay's thigh.  "Anything for my perfect angel."

The door opens exactly when Daniel left. There stood Eli Jang,  a hint of worry was planted on his face.

"Jay," he reaches out, his hand gently placing Jay's cheeks, caressing him. Are you alright? 

How could he tell him that? Jay was injured. But he still manages to ask him if he's alright. 

Eli sat down beside Jay, and rested his head on Jay's lap, caressing Jay's injured hand. The two sat down in silence. Until Eli spoke, "why are you still with him?" he looked at Jay coldly. Jay flinched.

"Why are you still with... a monster?" 

Daniel isn't a monster, Eli. Jay glared. "You saw him fight multiple times, you knew how he was obsessed with you, but you still didn't leave him." He held Jay's hand close to his lips. Warm

Silence. 

Eli stood up and walk away. He looked at Jay one last time and said, "I don't get why you chose Daniel Park, but..." he hesitated, "if he hurts you, you know that I'm always here waiting for you." 

With that, he left. 

Jay looked at his hand before whispering, "I'm... sorry.."