Prologue

~ Brittany's Point of View ~

I sat in a corner as far from the cell door on the cold cement my head on my knees hiding my face my body shivering in fear. Wearing a short sleeved old ragged shirt, gray shorts that was also old and ragged, with pink ballet like shoes that were ragged and dirty. Dirt clinging to my skin after another long day of not only work but also off and on abuse throughout the day as it usually was.

I wearily watched the cell door as I heard sharp footsteps coming towards me. *Please don't let it be another beating.* I though silently as I watched wearily and waited.

The door opened and a woman came in carrying a tray who looked at me with both pity but also disdain. She set the tray on the floor that had two thin strips of bacon a piece of bread a small bowel of rice and a glass of water and said, "Here is your dinner you better eat all of it." Then she went left the room.

^Everything will work out for us Brittany.^

^You think so Kindle?^

^Yes. One day we will free from this place and these hateful evil people.^

^I really hope you are right Kindle.^

^I will find away to make it possible. I promise.^

^Okay...Do you think he will come and beat us today?^

^If he does I will take over when you can't take the pain anymore.^

^Thank you Kindle.^

^You are welcome my baby sister.^

Once I was sure that she was gone I very slowly crawled to the food and started eating even though I knew it wouldn't be enough to keep the hunger that I felt away for long. As I ate I glanced at the door off and on my eyes full of fear because I knew that at any moment my main captor could come through the door and beat me. Even as guards stood outside the cell door though that didn't make sense to me. Every few days he would come and beat me as a reminder that I was his and a reminder that he could if he wanted to.

I didn't know it but this night was going to be different because I was going to be saved from this place. And I also didn't know that I was very soon going to become apart of a family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Brittany's and later Kindle's thoughts*

^Brittany and Kindle speaking to each other first in Brittany's head then later telepathically^

*Brittany and Kindle speaking telepathically to others*