Chapter X

~Ahriman's Point of View~

I sat on my throne my hands gripping the armrests and my back really straight with my face stoic but eyes cold and close to furious.

"So you failed to retrieve Brittany. And not only did you fail to retrieve her, some of you were captured by those who had her and are protecting her. Am I correct?" I asked calmly though my voice was ice cold. Showing my displeasure at this news.

"Forgive us Your Majesty. We underestimated them. It won't happen again." The head of my Shadows named Relloseras said calmly.

"You certainly did Shadow Commander, which is unacceptable. Especially for my elite such as you and my shadows." I said calmly, then added, "Your lucky you were at the top of your Shadow training otherwise you wouldn't be standing before me right now."

"I understand that My Liege." Relloseras said.

"I see extra training is needed." I said turning to one of my messenger boys, "Send messages to the Shadow Camps and say that more training is needed. The boy nodded silently and hurried from the room. While Relloseras stood at attention waiting for orders.

"You shall personally train the Shadows who are here and those due to arrive to replace those lost here on the Palace Ground Courtyards that are here for that purpose Relloseras. Until I decide when to strike again or how best to retrieve Brittany." I said calmly.

"Yes My Liege." Relloseras said bowing on one knee and saluting me before leaving.

Sighing softly and rubbing my forehead briefly closing my eyes I eased my body posture in my throne. Without opening my eyes I heard the soft shuffling of my favorite harem girl coming from her place behind one of the screens in my throne room. I kept my eyes closed but slowly a soft smile spread over my face as I felt her hands message my head as she stood behind my throne.

"I know it's rough dealing with these setbacks My King." Shetera said softly as she gently messaged my throbbing forehead.

"It is tiring and stressful. Especially since no one can seem to bring my daughter where she belongs." I said as I slowly relaxing.

"You will get her back. I know you will." She said as she continued.

"I know. I just worry about the damage done by Alumir. I told him to get her and bring her to me. So that she could be where she belongs. He got her but didn't bring her. He better hope that I don't find him." I said almost seething with anger.

"He will rightly pay for his transgressions against you and her once Helrua finds him." She said trying to soothe me, which worked.

"That he will." I said slowly opening my eyes and having her move to stand in front of me. "Tell me...How are things in the harem? How is the training for Brittany's Shadows going?"

"Good as usually, there hasn't been any trouble with any of the girls lately. And last I heard from Jasika that was going really good." She said beaming with pride. Which made me smile.

"That's very good. I'm glad. And Jasika is the best for the job..." I stopped then an idea forming in my head and a grin slowly spread across my face.

"You thought of something My King?" Shetera asked a smile appearing on her face as she backed up letting me stand.

"Yes I have. I just thought of a mission for Jasika. The only disappointment is that I hadn't thought of doing this sooner." I said as I headed to my back balcony to look over Jasika's garden.

"What mission My King?" Shetera asked.

"Sending Jasika to retrieve Brittany, along with the most trusted of Brittany's Shadows seeing as she trained them along with training herself." I said smiling as I looked down onto the garden from balcony to see Jasika laying in the shade of one of her trees a at least one of her slaves near her to obey her commands.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea My King." Shetera said smiling looking down at her daughter with bride.

"I know it is." I said getting ready to head to my study, however, I kissed Shetera softly first. Then while heading to my study a had one of the palace slaves tell Jasika that I wanted to speak about something important in my study. As I waited in my study I was thinking about the mission I was going to give her. As well as thinking about visiting Brittany's real mother later and then then thinking about Brittany.