Chapter IX

~ Kindle's Point of View ~

I felt something happening to the vampire Asher once the sun came up. I didn't know what happened to him so I made a mental note to ask someone the first chance I got. Which came sooner than expected when Anita Blake knocked on the door then came into the room.

"Feeling better?" She asked as she came in.

"I'm feeling fine. But Brittany was exhausted and overwhelmed so I took over so she could recover." I told her.

"Do you do that often?" She asked a curious look in her eyes.

"Only when she's overwhelmed or exhausted or both." I said.

"Did you do that while in captivity?" She asked.

"Most of the time I only had to during the beatings she suffered to lessen the pain. She still felt the pain but I took at least half of it...Honestly I have always been inside of her, and would have even if her being taken then raised in brutal captivity eventually appeared." I said calmly.

"You act more than just a personality Kindle." Anita said.

"I guess I am. Though why or how that's possible is beyond my or Brittany's understanding. Maybe some day we will find out why. Or maybe not. Whatever will be will be." I said shrugging as I sat near Asher.

"Maybe. Do you want to find that out?" Anita asked as she sat at the end of the bed.

"Honestly I don't mind either way. But Brittany would probably like to know." I said shrugging again.

"Okay. That makes sense." Anita said. Then we were both quiet for a while.

"Is Asher dead?" I finally asked after a while.

"Yes. During the day Jean-Claude, Asher, and all of the other vampires die. Then at night they come back to life. Unless something keeps that from happening." Anita said. Then she explained how other things work. She also told me about Edward. Then we were quiet for a while again.

"Brittany and I have feelings for Asher." I told Anita after a while.

At first she just stared at me with wide eyes not saying anything. I think that statement caused shock. But after she say me blush she just smiled and said, "That's good. Because he has been through stuff just like you two have and deserves that. I hope he feels the same, or at least will eventually. Because like him you deserve it as well."

I returned the smile then I laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" She asked as her eyebrows raised.

"Because people see that as a weakness or the showing of it as weakness. But what is hilarious is that they have no idea how much of a strength that really is. Because when people have others that they love they will fight harder than anyone and take others by surprise at how hard they would actually fight." I said.

At first she said nothing and looked to be in thought. Then something clicked, because she also laughed as she realized the truth of that. And a vicious smile appeared on her face as she said, "Those kind of people better watch out then. Because if not they will end up in their grave."

I nodded in agreement and also smiled viciously as well.