Chapter XIV

~ Ahriman's Point of View ~

After we got to the palace we found Jasika and told her a plan we thought of. She was quiet for a long while, when we thought she wasn't going to say anything, she finally did.

"Inviting the here to talk about what's going on here and even showing could possibly work." Jasika said then paused going into deep thought again.

"The Witnesses who have survive the attacks from whatever is causing the Darkness could help as well as going to the Wastelands." Dante suggested.

"As well as some of the marks that some of the survivors have." I said remembering the marks. Then I quickly asked Dante, "Are there any places that bare the mark the survivors have?"

"I don't know. But my men and I will check." Dante said.

"That would be a good idea." Jasika said.

Just then we heard the loud bell that's usually rug only when something has happened.

"That can't be good." Dante said. Then stood saying, "I will go check it out. If there's something you need to see I will come and get you or someone else will."

Both Jasika and I nodded and waited.

"I think this darkness we are facing has something to do with Aylaska somehow. And have something to do with Araceli's murder?." Jasika stated.

"What makes you think that?" I asked her.

"Well it can't be coincidence that you were lured away that night. Then while you were gone Araceli was murdered, the castle on fire, and Aylaska just gone. You said that you heard strange roaring. Do you remember anything else about that night Father?" Jasika asked.

I thought back to that night, even though it was really painful to do so. I quiet for a long time as I did so.

"There was snow falling but it could have actually been ash. Although there was an eerie feeling as I hurried to the castle in a panic." I said then stopped my body stiffening up and my focus going blurry all of the sudden. And it was like I was back to that night. I also hear really bad ringing in my ears and felt my heart begin to race.

I must have been like that for a long time. Because when I came back to myself I found myself on my study couch. Dante, Jasika, Shetera, and Vilsora were staring at me with concern.

"Are you alright?" Jasika asked with concern in her eyes.

"You blacked out." Shetera said looking equally concerned.

Dante just stood there looking troubled.

"How long have you had these blackouts?" Vilsora asked me.

"I'm fine now." I said to Jasika. I looked at Vilsora, and said, "Off and on since the night Araceli died and Brittany...Aylaska went missing." Then I looked at Dante, and asked, "Why do you look troubled?"

Vilsora left quickly after I answered her question. Shetera followed her to find out where she was going I suspected. Jasika hovered as close as possible without crowding while also looking troubled. As troubled as Dante.

"What's going on?" I asked sitting upright. My body tingled as I did so though. As if needles were pricking me. But I tried to ignore it and focus on Jasika and Dante.

"Two creatures were found and brought to the castle." Dante said.

Jasika was quiet at first then said, "I think we need to get Aylaska here as soon as possible. Even if that means bringing those she's with here. I think she...they need to see this for themselves. And they might be safer here. Especially with these things around."

I nodded as I got up. "Show me the creatures please."

With that we went to where the creatures bodies were being kept. I stared at one of them with wide eyes.

"I saw that thing and heard horrible shrieking coming from it that night." I said as I started to feel pressure in my head again which made me gasp sharply.

Both Dante and Jasika became alarmed.

"We definitely should bring them here as quickly as possible." I managed to say

"I will personally get them here Father." Jasika said.

"And I will help her. She will be here and safe soon." I heard Dante add before blacking out again.