Chapter II

~ Brittany's Point of View ~

I sat near an officer and a psychologist outside a room where another officer was talking to some people about temporarily taking me in because I didn't have anywhere else to go and I was possibly still in danger.

I sat quietly with my small backpack of what little possessions that I had with me. But I had a book in my hands and a pen and was writing in it because it was one of my journals that I had been keeping since I was 7 years old, in fact it had been my newest journal that I had just started writing in. A gift from one of the people who were forced to work for my captors that was a secret between them and me that I was very great full for.

"You know how to write?" The officer who was named Larry asked me.

I looked at him and nodded saying softly, "Yes. Thanks to my close friend Kindle. She taught both of us to write after a nice woman who was forced to watch over us by my captors taught us to read before she disappeared when I was 8."

"It's nice to know you weren't alone. And who is Kindle because the officers said that there was only you in the cell they found you in." The psychologist named Ms. Fallon said then asked and stated.

I hesitated as I wrote and almost stopped writing to look at them both a bit wearily. Then I slowly while closely watching their reactions, said, "Kindle is my friend who happens to live inside of me. If it wasn't for her I don't know if I could have survived the captivity I was in."

Larry just stared at me as if I was crazy. While Ms. Fallon looked at me with a concerned but also sympathetic look. And she said, "You said that Kindle lives inside you Brittany. Does she speak to you?"

"Yes she does. We can speak to each other." I said.

"I see. Can she speak to others?" Ms. Fallon asked with a curious look in her eyes as she looked at me.

"If she wants to, yes. As long as she's okay with it I am." I said. Then after pausing for a moment, I asked her, "Why do you ask?" Partially because I could feel that Kindle was curious and willing to speak to the woman.

"Would she be okay with speaking to me?" Ms. Fallon asked me. While Larry was watching and listening to both of us.

"Yes. She is fine with it. I can let her now if you want to speak to her." I said as I put my journal away for now.

"Okay. As long as you both are comfortable with doing so. And thank you Brittany." Ms. Fallon said. With that I let Kindle take over and just listened and watched from inside myself.

"Hello Ms. Fallon and Officer Larry." Kindle said calmly.

Larry stared at first not speaking which made Kindle feel like laughing at his rudeness. While she kept most of her attention on Ms. Fallon.

"Hello. You are Kindle correct?" Ms. Fallon said then asked and stated. Her gray eyes were full of interest. And she actually got things as if she was taking notes on someone she was giving therapy to or something, which neither Kindle or I minded.

"Yes. I'm Kindle. My full name is actually Kindle Amara Winters Ms. Fallon. For whatever you are taking notes for." Kindle said then smiled at Ms. Fallon's surprised but impressed look. In fact Kindle almost laughed but held back for now.

"I see. And how old are you Kindle?" Ms. Fallon asked.

"Brittany and I are the same age Ms. Fallon." Kindle said while smiling calmly.

"Okay. Brittany told me that for her and you, you learned to write after a nice woman taught her to read." Ms. Fallon said.

"Yes I did. Although I can't take all of the credit. Because the woman whose name had been Giselle Amara Galatea. She had began teaching Brittany to read at six and seven, then added teaching writing at age seven and eight before she was taken away and disappeared." Kindle said.