Chapter XVII

~ Jasika's Point of View ~

Once Vilsora and I were in the room given to us by Jean-Claude I moved to contact Father using the magical message cube that I had brought with me.

"Father can you here me?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm here." He answered. And appeared in the air above the cube just as I do where he is. He looked pale and exhausted.

"Mission almost complete. We just need something to keep their territory safe from their enemies." I told him.

"Wonderful. Thank you Jasika. And I will send it to you if you open the portable portal." He said as he moved to get a strong barrier orb.

On my end I moved to open the portable portal, and got ready to catch the orb. It took a minute or two then the orb came out. I caught it easily and put it where it would be safe for when it will be used. He also sent some special rings that I guessed was for Jean-Claude, Asher, and the other vampires.

"So how is everything?" He asked.

"Everything is moving as smoothly. One of the creatures was here though." I said. And then told him everything that happened, including what Vilsora did for Brittany and Kindle. Which amazed him.

"That odd phenomenon is no longer now." He said after a while. To which I agreed. "I'm glad she's at least curious about me. It's troubling what she saw that night though." He said.

"If it is who we think it is. We might finally know who is in control of the creatures, and who is possibly even connected to the Darkness." Vilsora said. And my father and I nodded. Then the call ended so that Vilsora and I could get some sleep.

~ Meanwhile ~
~ Ahriman's Point of View ~

*My oldest daughter and therefore my heir was coming home.* I had though feeling joy and hope inside me that was strengthening me. Enough to fight against darkness that was trying to take control of my body. Which caused pain from the darkness lashing out inside me.

I hoped that I would be able to keep the darkness inside me from taking over to hurt not only my Daughters but others. The terror of that thought made the darkness stir slightly. I moved to the desk in my room as fast as I could and got a protective amulet and put it on.

I felt a lot better after I did. Which worried me because I was becoming a possible danger just when I was finally going to be reunited with Brittany. It also felt depressing and distressing because I had no idea how to fix this problem.