Chapter XVIII

~ Asher's Point of View ~

For the time being we were in Jean-Claude's room. I gently held Brittany to me. She was almost recovered finally, however, she still looked fragile unlike Kindle. Kindle looked as fine as someone would expect.

"They seem to suspect who is causing the problems with those creatures." Anita said.

"They are probably waiting to be back at their home before revealing their suspicions." Kindle stated.

Jean-Claude nodded in agreement with both of them, "It's also interesting that that sorceress knew that I am the Vampire King. She also seems really good at sensing power."

"She's also powerful herself since she was able to give me my own body." Kindle said.

Brittany was however very quiet. Which worried all of us.

"Are you alright Brittany?" I asked her while sitting near her.

"I'm not sure. I just have a strange feeling that something bad is happening or going to happen." Brittany said, then added, "I have been feeling that way since after the nightmare that was a forgotten memory earlier."

"We will fight it together. Whatever it is." Anita said.

"I know. The creature that I saw in my memory...I keep seeing and hearing it when I least expect it." She said and a violent shudder ran through her body while Anita paled.

"The shrieking was definitely blood chilling and not a sound that's easy to forget." Anita agreed.

"That's not what is bothering you the most is it Bree?" Kindle asked.

"No. The two people are. Especially the woman." Brittany confessed. She shuddered again fear in her face, "There was just something about her that really didn't feel right."

"We won't let her near you Britt." Anita said her face serious but also almost filled with anger. Which we all nodded in agreement.

"We will find away to keep you safe from her." Jean-Claude said, which I fully agreed with.

"We will use all of our power to keep you safe." I said while hugging her to me.

"What if it's not just me she's after? Or she's after me so that she could do something monstrous?" She asked softly and fearfully. None of knew how to answer that at first.

"We will find away to keep whatever she is planning from happening." Kindle said. And Jean-Claude, Anita, and I nodded in agreement.