Chapter XXI

~ Ahriman's Point of View ~

For a long time we all got to know one another and to do so we moved to a private reception hall that was large enough for all of us. Food and drinks were set out for those of us who didn't eat or drink like vampires. I also spent as much time with Brittany and even her sorceress Kindle as I could while becoming allies with most of the people.

Then after they got well rested, in the afternoon Jean-Claude, Richard, Anita, Micah, Nathaniel, Damian, Jasika, Vilsora, Asher, Kindle, a wolf shifter named Jason, Rafaeland Brittany went with me to where I had buried Brittany's and technically Kindle's mother. Richard's and Rafael's bodyguards, and Dante following not very far behind us.

Earlier we had figured out two important things. The first being that Brittany's and Kindle's birth gifts were starting to awaken. And the second that the main person responsible for what we were now facing was Araceli's younger half sister who had now become consumed by darkness, whose name had once been Eris Lilith North but was now Malvolia Deyanira Eris.

As we came to the statue Brittany stopped and stared because of the statue having Araceli's face. "This is where you buried her." Brittany said her eyes teary she was also holding Asher's hand. To which I nodded as Asher put his arm gently around her.

She stared at the marker then the grave and a puzzled look crossed her face.

"What's wrong?" Asher asked her his eyebrows raising up. Beating me to the question.

"Something doesn't feel right." She said taking a step closer. She touched the ground kneeling, as she did she gasped sharply and her eyes clouded over almost making her look blind. We all cried out her name in alarm but she didn't seem to hear.

The air stilled around all of us and all sound seemed to stop for what seemed like an eternity. None of us knew what to do. It was very tense. Finally everything went back to normal and Brittany stood on shaky legs.

"She's not dead. A woman was killed who looked like her to make it seem like she was. Malvolia has her." Brittany said coldly while tears shown in her eyes. She leaned into Asher while looking at me. I felt stunned and unable to speak and looked at the statue in shocked speechless.

"Another reason to go after this hateful and evil Bitch." Anita said viciously. And everyone nodded in agreement with her.

"We will get her back." Asher said as he gently picked Brittany up in his arms.

"And Malvolia will pay for the pain she has caused. She will be held accountable." Jean-Claude added. Which everyone again agreed.

"We just need to locate her. And go from there" I said. And everyone nodded in agreement.