𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄

-•-

Shocked.

That was the only emotion you could feel as you read a certain important email during your work break.

"I'm losing my damn mind," you laughed out airily, leaning back in your seat and smiling at the thought of it all.

At that point, your younger co-worker came up to you with a confused face. "What happened this time?"

"You know the opportunity I was telling you about that I auditioned for? Well...I got it," you replied, finally calming your heart from the adrenaline. At that, his eyes widened and mouth fell agape.

"What?! An old man like you?"

"I'm only 23," you sighed, getting up to get ready for the customers who would be turning up for the afternoon. "But still, these companies are looking for younger guys to debut. Like you have the looks, but I've never even heard you sing."

The slight compliment made you laugh again, and despite attempting to be positive, it was hard to disagree with him. He didn't know it, but you had been training whenever you had the time in your small apartment. So much so that your neighbours were starting to complain because the walls were so thin and your voice was...not soft and quiet to say the least. But you'd had this in the back of your mind since you were in your teenage years.

That being to essentially become an idol.

Singing and dancing was all fun and games, but it was the fact that you would perform in front of others on a stage that really got you. Yes, performing was your main goal, and working in this small coffee shop for now just wasn't sustainable enough. You had recently applied under the category of vocals, singing a song by Day6 to display your self-taught talent.

You realised you had zoned out for a little longer than expected as a new customer walked in, but you quickly put on a charming smile and went up to the counter.

However, all the time you worked, you kept thinking about this new chance you would be taking after the next couple of weeks due to this email. Finally, you would be able to at least attempt to show your abilities to the world on a new survival show in order to debut as a new boy group.

The show was named 'Boy's Planet', with the concept of galaxies, and was available for Koreans and global stars alike. As a Korean resident, you would be entering as such, but intrigued by the types of characters you would see from other countries.

Handing the customer a supposedly perfect Americano, you brought your mind back to the situation at hand.

You had to prepare for your initial show and such, but that would come later. Right now, you just had to earn work and earn money. Yes, that's all you could currently do.

The time for your chance to shine would come soon enough.

-•-