𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

-•-

It seemed that all confusions would be cleared in good time as you were currently getting ready backstage for the second survivor announcement. You were dressed in the show's iconic uniform and talking with Yu Jin and Han Bin, two of your previous roommates. Halfway through your conversation, a camera crew member came over and asked you to say your thoughts on what would happen soon with the rankings and such.

"I think that it will be surprising as to who's in what position. Although, I do know for a fact that these two here are in the top 9 somewhere," you commented first, smiling as you said the last point.

"But, [Y/n]-hyung, you also have a chance of being up there too," Yu Jin quickly spoke, though you denied his certainty, even going as far as to ask if he wanted to bet on it. At that, Han Bin stepped in with an uneasy smile as he said his own ideas on everyone being uncertain overall.

All the while, you were raising your eyebrows provocatively at Yu Jin who squinted at you while pouting back.

Soon after, you had to get ready to walk out, so you got together with the team that you had lead and practised so hard with. "Let's make it together," you smiled warmly, all of you then turning to the camera and exclaiming, "hwaiting!"

Each group would go out one after the other, yours being one of the first few. Even from behind the scenes, you could hear the sudden shouts or easily pick up on some funny things said.

As it got closer to your turn, you reassured Woo Jin beside you who was starting to get nervous again, though Min Gyu seemed to be doing a relatively good job at that as well. Tae Rae was grinning like his usual self, and just looking at him, you couldn't help smiling yourself too.

When it was time for you to walk out, you moved in pairs with Min Gyu and Woo Jin entering first, playing on the opposites of loud and energetic vs. quiet and shy. After, you followed with Tae Rae, linking arms as you stepped into the limelight where others were applauding. At the end of the pathway, it was planned for Tae Rae to jump into your arms as you carried him bridal style, so you did just that.

"Take me away, my Prince Charming!" He dramatically exclaimed, you smiling back and saying your own line as you maintained eye contact.

"Of course, my darling."

Your theatrics continued as you held him all the way to your seats with the others as you joined together and bowed whilst saying, "this is...boy's generation!"

As the rest of the trainees came out and sat down, you were clapping and laughing at their different appearances, smiling especially widely at your friends when they showed up.

Eventually, everyone had finished their entrances and were seated, resulting in the atmosphere becoming more serious as you realised the sheer pressure that would be on you to keep up with the higher ranks.

After, the star master, Lee Min Hyuk, entered to stand by the podium. He introduced the ceremony, you glancing at each of the members of your group to give reassuring looks as the screens changed to show preparation for the third mission; a short interlude before the start of eliminations.

It showed you all standing in the venue where you had last performed at, the last thing having been shown was that there was a new star master to take over. Tae Rae had asked you who it could be, although it had already been surprising enough that you had no ideas.

Suddenly, a voice was heard and a man finally made his appearance. A man who you had seen quite a lot online; SHINee's KEY. He was definitely talented, and almost reminded you of Keita with the all-rounder characteristics. But you couldn't dwell long on your thoughts as he proceeded to mention giving you a third mission.