𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

-•-

It was right after you had said goodbye to the trainees who didn't make it, you now talking with Keita and Matthew in your room about what had just happened. Matthew had been the only lucky one out of your trio who didn't lose any of the members from his team, yet both you and Keita were already reminiscing the moments you had spent practising and then watching them leave earlier.

Although you may not have been especially close to Min Gyu and Woo Jin, you had felt an obligation as their leader to help them through this challenge. Yet, with sad smiles you had to let them go, both of them along with Tae Rae all tearing up as you gave them a final hug.

"Go and debut for us!" Min Gyu had shouted down the hallway as Tae Rae replied back, "of course we will!"

Whether or not you would be able to keep that promise, you wouldn't know until later.

Keita now also had a few tears in his eyes, causing both you and Matthew to comfort him, being able to understand what he was going through. "W-we're already nearing the end so quickly, a-and yet things are like this," he said, voice muffled as he covered his face.

"Hey, I get it, you think things are your fault that they didn't make it. But, they wouldn't want you to continue to be heartbroken like this. Similar to what I was told, they are most likely wanting you to do your best and just debut with no regrets. All of us have a chance, so...take it, since it's not only for you but for them also, okay?" You calmly spoke, him eventually agreeing with you as Matthew continued to hug him from the side.

'Seeing people cry like this, I sometimes wonder if it's all worth it, but...I would rather be here now and have the opportunity rather than constantly question what might've happened.'

-•-

After having said goodbye to everyone, you gathered with the remaining members of your team in the 'En Garde' studio. You had walked there with Seung Hwan and Lee Hoe Taek who you had met along the way to then sit with the others in a semi-circle-like shape.

"Eight of us survived the elimination," he immediately started, though you knew that the original would only have six members. Thus, even though Jun Hyeon was someone many looked at, you had no idea how things would go.

"I wonder how things will be decided then," you said aloud to no one in particular, though Gun Wook bounced off your comment by replying, "what if those from other teams pick who they want!"

You laughed at his little demonstration, albeit a little worried too since you may be one of the ones to leave since the team only needed one main vocalist, that of which Lee Hoe Taek was the obvious choice for. 'I can only try my best to show the extent of my abilities.'

Just as you were thinking that, the door was suddenly opened and Haruto was the one behind it, strutting in front of team 'Switch' who were behind. You made eye contact with Kamden, mouthing to him, "what's going on?" But he only raised his eyebrows with a sly grin as he stood across from your group.

Haruto was the first to speak, explaining how he was recruiting more members, Kamden then saying the same for his team. He then said how they would choose the trainees they wanted who would have to join. At that, Seung Hwan and even Gun Wook held onto your arms as if to say, "you can't break us apart now."

You laughed airily as Haruto revealed it to be a joke and that the group would have to decide on the eliminated ones themselves, that of which they would have to choose another song to perform instead. You understood the idea, but that would inevitably make things more difficult on your end.

They were actually here to pitch their teams, saying some nice words, Kamden even going to you and saying, "I would let you become a vocalist if the competition is too difficult here." He was referencing Lee Hoe Taek, but despite your doubts, you were still determined.