𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓

-•-

Right as it was nearing the survivor ceremony, an event had been planned, whereby, you were all ushered into a large hall awaiting the person to arrive and start the challenge. However, that one person was actually two, those being the familiar faces of Hwang Hee and Keita who introduced themselves to be the MCs for the day.

Kamden and Seung Hwan beside you were laughing already as you were told that you would be deciding the partners for your appearance at the ceremony.

"The best couple contest!" They announced, the other trainees cheering as they explained how everything would work, with you being paired with someone from the same song on the opposite group, in your case that group being G.

It made you turn to make eye contact with Kamden as he raised his eyebrows up and down as if to suggest something. Yet, you created some ambiguity by shrugging your shoulders and avoiding his gaze, making him lightly hit your arm as if to scold you.

It wasn't long before you were split up and tasked with choosing the person who you wanted to be with. If someone was voted for more than once, that said person would have to choose between them.

When you walked over to where the rest of those who performed 'Backdoor' were, you told Kamden on the way, "even though we're friends, I'd say to choose someone who you might not go for straight away. If you want to pick me then sure, I'll accept that, but...I also want to win." Your last comment made him laugh and he fist-bumped you in response, nodding along with what you said.

Of course, you would have preferred to go with someone who you knew better from group K, but this would be a chance to maybe talk to someone who you hadn't done so with previously.

Now standing in a semi-circle shape, you discussed how to appeal to the other team members, although the more extroverted of you decided to just start dancing to impress them. One particularly brave guy decided to start doing a slightly sexier dance move, to which you covered Yu Jin's eyes as most turned away. It made you laugh a little at the censorship, but you'd seen similar dances in programmes and online already and his confidence was fun.

Kamden was first to reveal his pick, and although he briefly caught your gaze, he ended up choosing Ji Woong in the end. But, despite this, Ji Woong decided to focus on the competition instead, choosing someone else. Yet, there was no animosity as they hugged it out and others proceeded to call out their written names.

A number of people had actually said your name, with you getting three of those to choose from in total. The name you had written on your own card may have been unexpected, but was one of the trio as you revealed it to them.

"Feng Jun Lan."

He was surprised but didn't hesitate to move next to you, smiling another one of his noticeably sweet smiles. "Can I ask why you chose me?" He questioned as the others revealed their cards.

"I though that you were someone I could get along with, and I wanted to speak with someone new," you started with, before changing language as you sometimes did, "plus, I noticed how you sometimes talk in English which I can as well." This seemed to shock him further as he laughed in disbelief. You weren't even that close yet, but the atmosphere was already more comfortable.

"I'm just happy you picked me too! As in, you have good looks and great skills while I'm lacking quite a bit."

"Hmm? Why would you think that? Even if you believe yourself to not be as talented, it shows you're self aware and can improve. I picked you for a reason, because not everything has to be based on surface level aspects, right?" You smiled at him, gently putting an arm around his shoulders to bring him closer for a short side hug out of habit. The action made him grin also, and he found it all too easy to not dwell his mind.