𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎

-•-

It was now the day to practice the signal song with both groups together. As group K already knew the song, you were practising some of the more difficult moves, seeing what other people near you were doing and following similarly. You were stood once again in your star rankings, and taking a quick glance at group G, you saw they were a little nervous. Obviously, you had an advantage, but you knew a lot of them were talented enough to catch up.

The first thing you were tasked with was to listen to the vocals and practice singing along. You were each given the lyrics paper and you quickly prepared your voice. It was something in your comfort zone so you could follow along more easily, but you heard others around you struggling quite a bit.

You had a chance soon after to perfect the notes and make sure each word was clear. Apparently you were doing pretty well as others were creating a semi circle around you. Some of the familiar faces were Yoon Jong Woo and Kim Ji Woong who both wanted to reach an all star ranking and weren't afraid to ask for help. You naturally knew how to help them by suggesting singing the notes slowly and stringing them all together to get the right pitches.

Taking a quick look around at your roommates, you saw Han Bin practising mostly with Lee Hoe Taek as they seemed pretty close already. Lee Seung Hwan was singing along with someone else you didn't recognise. Then, you found Yu Jin reading the lyrics by himself and attempting the song without any help from others.

'Hmm...he seems to rely on himself quite a bit. I'll keep that in mind.'

After you had spent some time practising, a question was thrown out there as to whether someone was confident enough to sing solo. You felt a slight nudge on your arm from Jong Woo, supposedly urging you to raise your arm, but you didn't want to be too overconfident or go too soon.

Instead, Takuto jumped up and happily went first with his willingness to try new things. He ended up trying his best, but you could easily tell that his vocals were not his strong suit. While ONESTAR was saying something, you were zoning out a little and wondering if it would be a good idea to put yourself out there, or if it was too early for that.

The next thing you knew, you heard your name being said from the front.

"[L/n] [Y/n], you auditioned with vocals right? I saw you helping a few others so do you mind trying out loud too? Just the showtime part?"

Still a little dazed, you slowly nodded your head and said yes while you found the right lyrics. In all honesty, you hadn't really been paying attention this moment, still lost in your thoughts. So you just went straight for it.

"I'll protect you. Turn on the light for our showtime~"

As you sung 'showtime', your voice resonated clearly through the hall. Since it didn't matter how loud you were, you could sing more fully. As far as you were aware, everything was on pitch, but that would be left for the masters to decide.

"Wow, well done. Your ability is quite good for someone with no vocal training." You thanked him for the compliment and couldn't help smiling a little. You saw others around the room were looking at you, so you tried to hide your smile, now even a bit embarrassed by everything.

"That was so good," Jong Woo whispered to you, and you thanked him also.

Later, you would find Han Bin saying he was not only intimidated by you, but also envious. "He has good looks and can also sing, so I feel like a lot of people will vote for him," was what he would say.

Soon after, it was time for dance practice. This was the part that you knew you would struggle most in.

Baek Koo Young ran through a section of the dance with all of you at a slower pace. Trying to follow along was a little difficult initially, but when you got 5 minutes to practice, you had more of a chance to get it right. You took quick glances at others for certain more intricate movements, but you don't know how you would manage to get it perfect so quickly.