𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

-•-

Everything, all the hard work you had spent...it would now come down to this final chance.

"Being a part of this has put me through both sad and happy moments, but...I don't regret any of it."

There was something about being on the show that you didn't want to end.

"You..."

Having made many friends, you didn't want to let any of them go.

"Me..."

But you didn't want to lose yourself either, because at the end of the day, it had always been a competition.

"We shine."

So now you would see just how much you could amount to, and show the world just how far you had come.

Now dressed on stage in that familiar uniform, you could hear the loud cheers of the vast audience as the music began to play a familiar tune.

'Here I am.'

It was the signal song for the show, and brought memories back of when you had first started out, barely knowing anything about the idol life at all. But now, it felt natural to move in time with the beat, not worried at all about getting the dance or notes wrong.

Even though you had heard it so many times already, it only felt nostalgic now as you remembered performing way back then with those who had left along the way to this stage. You wondered how they felt watching you be one of the final few to perform. They would probably be a little upset at being eliminated, but perhaps they might be happy also?

But with lights flashing all around, it seemed almost unreal to be dancing in front of so many live who had light sticks that flickered with the melodies.

You couldn't stop yourself from wanting to smile.

Now as you walked to the side to let Sung Han Bin have his central part, you winked at the crowd before quickly moving to sharply carry out the moves, having honed your skills to switch out your usual smoothness for more power.

But even as the song came to its end, your heart wouldn't stop beating fast.

'I can't believe I actually made it this far.' You smiled to yourself at the thought, wanting to laugh in disbelief since you had achieved so much.

It wasn't long though before your face turned serious and you stepped to the sides to face inwards at the rotating camera as Hwang Min Hyun began the intro, you noticing his faltering gaze and wanting to reassure him, though it wasn't your place to do so.

But soon enough, you were distracted by the audience which erupted into cheers, sparks flying alongside glitter as you tuned out the noise to reminisce a little, just a day before during one of your last interviews; a chance to say some final thoughts on what had essentially happened.

That familiar sound of a clapper board clicking had been the signal for you to begin your short monologue at that moment.

"I didn't know at first what I wanted to do when I grew up since I wasn't especially good at anything but making desserts in my free time," you had begun, then continuing with a sentimental smile, "I didn't even know how much I liked singing until I realised I did so everyday at any chance I could get."

"I didn't have much support, and even though I'm often said to be a prince, deep down I'm the same as any human. So, I had to do things my own way by taking this chance to finally prove I actually do have what it takes to become an idol."

Brining your mind back to reality, you followed the others backstage to cool off, hearing Hwan Min Hyun's voice muffled in the background.

"We've performed so many times, but I felt so nervous just then," Tae Rae quietly spoke, you agreeing and saying how he looked amazing out there anyway, then turning to speak to another trainee with a smirk.