Bird Set Free

Alessandro's POV

"I don't get it. She's a very famous model but she works a 9-5 job?" Ace whispers as we watch Rose typing away on her laptop.

The same laptop I managed to have my men come and bring into my mansion along with everything else of hers he could find at her ex fiancés mansion. As much as I begged her to let me buy her new things and clothes so she won't have to remember all those old things she had while living with that bastard. She was firm on not letting me waste anymore money on her.

She was furious to find out I had redecorated my whole mansion in honor of everything she liked. The pages she followed on both her Pinterest and Instagram account was enough for me to redecorate everything as if it was her dreams come true right in front of her.

But this stubborn woman had raised hell in my own home just for spending a little bit of money on her. I've told her many times that a few million dollars did nothing to my bank account, she still told me off like a troubled child getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

And I wasn't a child. I was a love sick fool willing to burn all the money in the world just to make her happy.

Which she hasn't been lately after that demented woman tried to shoot her. Luckily that evil bastard somehow had a heart inside of himself to throw his body in front of my rose. Guess the cold hearted bastard had a heart after all. To bad it was wasted on an evil man.

After the paramedics had taken the injured man to the hospital, not only did his parents show up there to see him. But so did every last one of his former lady friends and all the children he was trying so hard to cover up. TMZ had a lot to say about that once the news of an overcrowded hospital was due to the same man that was publicly exposed for cheating on his ex fiancé with his former in home nurse.

Now, the demon spawn and his father had taken a quick disappearance from the country. Nobody has seen them both since then.

My rose on the other hand decided to throw herself back into her work while her parents and myself had decided to keep her locked in my home. Of course she was strong enough to look after herself but the worry that both her parents and I had for her almost being killed was to much.

The first thing I did after we left that crime scene, I took her straight to the hospital to make sure she was checked over for any injury. When there was none found, me and her parents decided to get her some help for her mentality.

Everyone reacts differently to almost dying so I knew that no matter how strong my rose was, she wasn't going to tell us how traumatic that day was. So now, every 2 days a week she's been seeing one of the top highly recommended therapist.

Of course I didn't let her go see the woman outside of my home for the sake of my worry over her protection. So I paid Dr.Spencer double the amount just so she could meet with my rose in my home.

Due to her needing to talk about her emotions on her own, I let them have their own private space on the third floor in my mansion. I made sure Ace's nosey self was kept far away in case she felt overwhelmed by how clingy we both were being.

Especially now with her parents also deciding to live in my large mansion, I wanted the ones she loved to be around to be there for her. I could tell by the time we rushed into that horrid place, she was shaking so hard that I knew something inside her had broken from seeing both her and her ex's life flash in a matter of seconds in front of that crazy lady's gun.

She began to become a shell of herself days after everything settled down. She would barely speak to her parents and me and Ace. And when she did it would be short words like 'I'm fine', 'I'm not hungry', 'I'm just tired', or 'I wanna be alone'. She wouldn't even speak about what happened.