Chapter 50

Sunday 18th April, 1977

The marauders and I walked along the path, occasionally stopping in front of a closed store to peer inside. The marauders were chaotic enough at school, but when they were alone in the Muggle town at night without supervision, they were a different type of idiotic.

"Let's sneak into the shop," Sirius whispered in a rather loud voice as he stared at the bookstore. "I want to get Moony a present."

The bookstore was closed, though from the looks of it, it was filled to the brim with all sorts of books. I wasn't surprised Sirius's first thought when he looked at it was Remus, because it was mine too. It looked like somewhere he would like to be, and from a peak through the glass I found it also had armchairs to read in, making it even better. I knew Remus would be visiting here soon.

"Absolutely not," Remus said, ushering Sirius forward. "I will not have you committing any crimes for me."

Sirius looked up at Remus with a pout. "Any?"

"Any," Remus said firmly. "I can commit them by myself."

James whooped and clapped Remus on the back as Sirius seemed to fall in love with Moony even more. I grinned and shared a look with Peter, both of us pleased by the turn of events. Remus could be very badass when he wanted to.

We continued walking along the pathway, noting different Muggle shops and what their purposes were. Remus seemed to be enjoying our confusion greatly, especially when we came across a gardening store. I was bewildered to find not a single appliance for getting rid of Garden Gnomes, only to be told by Remus that Muggles didn't have Garden Gnomes. It was shocking.

We met up with Lily, Marlene, Mary, and Dorcas out the front of the cinema we were going to attend, and I got the chance to introduce Dorcas to the marauders. They loved her, obviously, and I couldn't help but notice Marlene seemed a bit jealous that Dorcas was spending all her time getting to know the marauders.

We entered the cinema, bought tickets, as well as plenty of food, and entered the actual room we'd be watching the movie. The screen was giant, taking up most of the front wall, and I stared at it in awe.

"So, we watch it on the black screen?" James clarified. "Like, people and stuff will appear on it?"

Lily nodded her head.

"And you're sure it's not magic?" I asked.

Remus laughed in answer, as did Mary, and I glared at them, unable to see what was so funny. People inside a 2D screen seemed like magic to me.

Soon enough we all settled down and the movie started. I watched eagerly as people appeared in a house, looking so lifelike it was almost as if they were trapped inside the screen. Were they trapped inside the screen, cursed forever to repeat the same movie over and over and over? How morbid.

I looked to the right of me, hoping to talk to Sirius about how bizarre it was, only to find him somewhat preoccupied snogging Remus. I rolled my eyes and turned to my left in the hopes James would share my wonder, but he was too busy trying to seduce Lily to even glance at the screen. I huffed and glanced further down the seats, spotting Marlene and Dorcas chatting animatedly and Mary flirting with some guy. Was no one watching the movie?

Feeling severely left out I watched the movie sulkily, thinking that Sirius and Remus would stop making out soon enough and then I could talk to them.

How wrong I was.

3 quarters of the movie they continued at it, getting particularly heated at some parts and making me extremely uncomfortable. By the time they stopped their shenanigans I couldn't even bear to look at them and found the silence between us stifling, so much so that I left the cinema before the movie even ended.