Iowa [all members x reader]

Credit
Fazwatch

—————————————————-

0:00
You, number 9, stood in the corner next to Paul with your guitar in hand. Never would you ever had imagined you'd be in the studio recording such an outro song.

Maybe it was the stomach bug you were currently sick with that was giving you that eerie feeling in your stomach. Currently, you were taking silent deep breaths in attempt to calm the anxiety you felt in your lower half. You had an urge to pick at the already chipped nail polish on your fingernails. If only they weren't already occupied with their placement on the guitar's parts.

2:35
Your eyes were focused on the carpet's texture. You tried to focus on Joey's drumming rather than the low moans emitting from your band mate. You honestly wanted someone to tap your shoulder and give you a quick "Are you okay?", but everyone was hyper focused on their instruments, as they usually are while recording a song.

3:00
There you are. You quickly began playing your guitar as your band mates pitched in as well.

3:23
You glanced up at the vocal booth as Corey began singing into the mic.

𝘙𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘹, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦.
𝘐 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘥𝘪𝘳𝘵.
𝘙𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘹, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦
𝘐 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦.

3:46
Now, it wasn't the theme of the song that made you so uneasy. It was the state of the band's vocalist that made you want to call quits. You'd already known beforehand how the song would play out, and not to mention the preparation you gave yourself, so why were you so on edge?

3:51
Be grateful. You aren't the one in the vocal booth. Stop playing victim. You mentally cursed yourself. Though as Corey's wails grew louder, you couldn't help but glance back at Joey. You turned your body halfway and looked at him, only to find his eyes focused on the drumheads rather than yours. So you turned back around. But once you did, Joey looked up at you, only to be met with the back of your head. He brushed it off and continued playing.

4:09

𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵
𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦
𝘐 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦
𝘓𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱
𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦.

4:54

𝘚𝘰 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦, 𝘴𝘰 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯.
𝘗𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘰𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘺𝘴.
𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘺𝘦𝘵.
𝘚𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘥, 𝘴𝘶𝘣𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘪𝘷𝘦.
𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩.
𝘛𝘰𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘰 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦.

Though you couldn't see well into the booth, you didn't need binoculars to take in Corey's uncanny behavior. You felt guilty, honestly. Allowing the guy to knock himself into such a deep delusional trance. What the hell is going on?

6:50

𝘖𝘩 𝘨𝘰𝘥.
𝘖𝘩 𝘨𝘰𝘥.
𝘖𝘩 𝘨𝘰𝘥.
𝘖𝘩 𝘨𝘰𝘥!