College [paul x reader]

Made by
13dollz

————————————————————————————

The professor was setting up for the lecture, her high heels clicking on the linoleum floor as she walked back and forth. You cringed, the thought of standing all day in heels seemed infinitely unpleasant. You dug through your backpack, pulling out the textbook and your computer to take notes. It was the last class of the day on your first day of college, freshman year.

It was so exciting. Everything was new and different and it was a breath of fresh goddamn air to actually choose what you wanted to study. You looked around. People said Intro to Psych was a popular class, and they were right. The lecture room was big and still it was almost full.

You looked up at the clock, class started two minutes ago and people were still arriving.

"Hey, is someone sitting here?" A tall, dark haired boy with two lip piercings wearing a beanie pointed to the chair next to you.

"No, it's empty."

"Perfect." He dropped his backpack and sat down. "I'm Paul." He held out his hand and you shook it. His skin was rough against yours, heavily calloused. Your curiosity peaked.

"It's very nice to meet you Paul, I'm _____." He smiled and you couldn't help but smile back. His energy was infectious.

"What year are you?"

"Freshmen, you?"

"Sophomore, but I'm a transfer so we're basically in the same boat." You nodded. At the front of the room the professor clapped her hands.

"Okay, it's time to get started." The professor said, turning the lights off and the projector on.

"Hey, do you have a pen?" Paul whispered.

"Yes, but seriously? It's the first goddamn day."

"I have a very specific system. I only carry one pen around at a time so I don't have to give people pens because they never return them. Today I just happen to have lost it."

"Whatever you say." You passed him a blue ballpoint pen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Halfway through the lecture Paul leaned over to you. He smelled good, like smoke and something warm and woodsy. You bet he didn't even try either, just took care of himself and things worked out that way.

"Wait what day did she say was the first quiz?"

"Friday," you whispered.

"Fuck, that's evil. We just fucking got here." He cursed under his breath, then glanced up as if he remembered you were there and his face flushed slightly. "Sorry."

"No, it's cool. I don't mind. You wanna study together? For the quiz I mean."

"Yeah, sounds great. What dorm building are you in? I'm in C." Paul smiled, his expression reading somewhere between excited and relieved.

"Oh no way, me too!" A few heads turned in your direction and you lowered your voice to a whisper. "What floor?"

"Three."

"Damn, I'm on four. We're still pretty close though. That's nice." Paul nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, how about Wednesday? This is our last class on Wednesdays anyways," he suggested.

"Awesome. I'll look forward to it."

You and Paul spent the rest of the class whispering to each other. Sometimes along the lines of "what on god's green earth did she just say, serotonin what?" Other times it was more "that reminds me of the time my cousin got wasted and fell in a pool at a wedding reception." Every now and then someone would shoot a glare at the two of you, the professor being no exception.