Prom pt.2 [Jim x reader]

Made by
13dollz

Just found out that I'm not even taller than joey

————————————————————————————

"Joey have you seen Brian? I haven't seen him for a while and he's my ride so..." Your smile fell when Joey grimaced.

"Uhh dude I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure Brain just left with Robyn." He checked his watch. "Yeah, I saw them walk out probably five minutes ago. I don't know if they actually left though. You still might be able to catch them."

"Yeah, I think I'm going to go look for him, thanks Joey. You look really nice tonight by the way." You gave him a quick hug before running out of the auditorium and into the parking lot. Brian had parked on the far end, close to a tree you remembered, but upon checking, his car was gone, no sign of that obnoxious license plate: SAY10. That bastard left.

"Ugh!" Subconsciously, your hands balled into fists. This was supposed to be your prom, your night, but that asshole left with someone else. Part of you wanted to stamp your foot like an indignant child and another part wanted to take a crowbar to his headlights. But the part that won was the part that wanted to go home and sleep it all away.

You grabbed your cell phone out of your bag and called your brother. Brian had driven you to the dance and without him you were stranded. If you asked, one of your friends would have surely given you a lift at the end of the night, but right now, nothing sounded more attractive than eating M&Ms on the couch and watching your favorite show. And nothing sounded less attractive than going back inside.

He picked up and you sighed.

"Hey Cor, will you come pick me up? Brian had to leave early." The dejection in your voice was obvious and Corey definitely wasn't stupid.

"Yeah, of course. It might be a while though. I'm at Paul's so the drive is longer, but I'll leave as soon as I can."

"Thanks," you mumbled.

"Wait, what happened?"

"Nothing happened. He just had to go."

"That's a fat fucking lie and we both know it."

"Ugh, I just- he left with someone else." You pinched the bridge of your nose, closing your eyes.

"Oh...I'm sorry. Listen I'll be there as soon as I can, just sit tight."

"Yeah, okay. Thanks Cor, love you."

"Yeah no problem. I'll beat him up if you want?" The noise you let out was somewhere between a laugh and a choked cough.

"Good luck with that. You're like 5'8 right? Brian is 6'1. What color flowers do you want on your casket?"

"Shut up. I'll be there in half an hour I hope. Love ya." Click. You checked the time. 7:05. Great, I'm going to be here all damn night , might as well find somewhere to sit down .

You didn't want to stray too far from the parking lot, in case Corey came early so you started walking, somewhat aimlessly, until you remembered there was a waiting area for kids who took the bus near the library. It was shielded from view on two sides by big planters and there were a few benches to sit on. Perfect. I really don't want to talk to people right now. 

Your pace quickened, shoes tapping against the concrete. As the spot came into view, you slowed, someone else was already there. You stopped, hoping they hadn't noticed you yet and contemplated whether or not it was worth it. You wanted to be left alone, but this boy didn't look familiar. Maybe he was some else's date and didn't go to your school. Whatever, it can't be that bad.