Prom [mick x reader]

Made by
13dollz

I realised there were like no mick or Jim books so here I'll try and find more I promise

————————————————————————————

You pulled out your earbuds and shook your head, chuckling. Full circle, you thought. That song was so dumb, it only made sense that your friend would send it to you on the day of your senior prom. This was a huge deal, not only because it was your senior prom, but also because it was your first prom.

The week before your junior prom, you tripped down a flight of stairs and pulverized the bones in your leg. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but there was no way you would be able to dance and the thought of going to prom in a wheelchair was not your favorite. Instead, your date came to your house and you watched movies together as he insisted he didn't mind not going.

This year you did everything you could to make sure it would be perfect. Three weeks ago your best friend helped you pick out an amazing outfit. At first it seemed overkill to prepare so far in advance, but better safe than sorry in your opinion.

You stood in front of your full length mirror, admiring yourself from different angles. Admiring sounds vain, but it was true, you looked great and deserved to feel a little proud. Your heart skipped a beat as you thought about what your date would say when he saw you. You gave him a rough description of what you were going to wear, just so he could match his tie, but he hadn't seen you yet.

You bit your lip, the compulsion to giggle rising in your throat. Everything was coming together and prom was shaping up to be just what you hoped for and more.

Your phone pinged on the bed, the text from your boyfriend.

-hey im outside, u ready babe??? A blush rose and your cheeks heated, here we go.

-yea c u in 2 mins <3

You grabbed your bag and shoved your phone inside before taking one final look at yourself. Damn. I look good. You hurried downstairs waving bye to your mom, nearly tripping trying to get out the door before she had the chance to make you stay for photographs.

As you stepped outside, the cold air brought goosebumps to your arms, but you hardly noticed. All you saw was your boyfriend Mick, leaning against the side of his car, gorgeous as hell, holding a small bouquet of flowers for you. Your breath caught in your throat and upon reaching him, you pulled him into a tight hug.

"You look...wow." He bent his head, pressing a kiss to your temple.

"Thank you!" You said ecstatically, stretching on your toes to kiss him. After stepping away you smoothed the front of his suit where your hug had caused the fabric to wrinkle. "You look so handsome, Micky, all dressed up." He smiled somewhat bashfully and rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's nothing. Tonight is for you." He passed you the flowers, somehow he remembered your favorite.

"You're too sweet, oh my god." You grinned at him. "I'm honestly debating on blowing this whole thing off and just spending time together." His expression shifted to serious, but his eyes stayed warm.

"No, we're not doing that. It's your senior prom goddamnit and you're going to go and have an awesome fuckin' time. Got it?" He cupped your face, brushing his thumb across your cheek.

"Mhmm."

"I will carry you there if I have to." He opened the passenger side door for you, walking to the other side after you slid in. The car started with a jolt and you instinctively grabbed Mick's arm, breathing a laugh when you realized what you did. "Ready?" You nodded, tonight was just getting better and better.