Massage [Jim x Reader]

Made by
ImSoVain

————————————————————————————

You watched from backstage as Jim tossed his last few guitar picks into the pit; turning around and walking off stage handing his guitar to a stagehand on the way back. You smiled as he approached you, a weary smile was returned to you.

"I'll meet you on the bus. I'm gonna take a piss." He abruptly walked away from you, not even waiting for your response.

You watched him duck off into a side hallway; your lips forming a tight line as a few of the other guys walked past you. You did give your praise to the rest of them, telling them how great they did and complimenting them on another successful show. But your concern for Jim simmered in the back of your mind the whole time.

You usually went to the tents by the busses first to hang out but Jim specifically told you he would meet you on the bus so that's where you went. You sat down on the couch and waited for him, pillows propped against your back as you put your feet up.

About five minutes later, Jim came trudging up the stairs and into the cabin of the bus. No one else was aboard yet and you could tell something was wrong.

You held out your arms and waited for him to come to you. Instead, you were met with a groan. You watched as Jim started to rub the back of his neck, his face twisting up into a painful grimace. Air hissed through his teeth as he began to massage.

You knew what was wrong. The tour was about a month in and you knew the endless head banging was wearing on him.

"Baby come here, let me help you with that." You said as you attempted to get up to go get him. Your feet hit the floor but he was already almost to you. He looked as though he had no intention on stopping so you made yourself comfy, spread your legs, and let him crash into you.

You let him get settled, his body on top of yours with his head on your shoulder resting against you.

"It hurts so bad, it's so sore." He hissed out.

"Oh sweetheart, let me help you. Just relax."

You brushed his hair off the back of his neck, one arm wrapping around his shoulders while the other started to gently massage the sore muscles at the base of his neck.

Your fingers moved carefully, from the top of his spine, all the way up the back of his neck, and stopping at the base of his skull. A sharp hiss escaped his lips and you stilled your hand.

"You ok?" You questioned.

A few heavy breaths were the only noise you heard.

"Tell me where it hurts, tell me what you need."

"The whole thing." Was all his response was.

You ran your hand through his hair, kissing him on the top of his head before continuing.

"Just close you're eyes and relax. Let me work out all your kinks."

You could feel how tense Jim's body was in your arms and in the back of your mind you were hoping and praying that it wasn't something serious that he would need another operation to correct.

Your fingers caressed his sweaty skin on the back of his neck, rubbing slow soothing circles up and down his tight muscles. A low groan slipped past his lips but you kept going.

You lightly ran your long black nails against his skin making him shudder underneath you before you went back to rubbing.

Your eyes glanced down to him. His eyes were closed and he didn't look so pained right now, but he wasn't really the type to complain. You knew it must really be bothering him for him to act this way.

You moved your fingers up, gently pinching the muscles at the base of his skull, rubbing carefully back and forth.

"Right there." He whispered.

You continued to pay special attention to the spot you were working on and soon, painful groans turned into soft moans.

"That feels so good..." he all but whimpered to you.

With your free hand, you carded your fingers through his long, thick mane. Your nails very lightly grazing his scalp, eliciting a moan from his lips. And you could feel his entire body fully relax against you as you continued his care.

After several minutes his breathing became more steady, almost to the point where you thought he might have drifted off to sleep. You ran your hand through his hair once more, kissing him lightly on the forehead.

"Jim?" Your voice was soft as you waited for a response.

He grumbled out a low hum as a reply.

You smiled to yourself. "You falling asleep sweetie?"

He took a few deep breaths, his large frame moving against you. "I'm tired."

"Just rest, I'll keep the neck massage going."

You knew he still had over another months worth of shows to play, but as long as you could make him feel good, that was all that mattered.