9

I woke up a few times tonight, and not for the right reasons. Jungkook kept moving by my side, pulling the sheets to him every single time he rolled on the bed. Not to mention the snores, it was as if I had an English bulldog breathing right next to my ear. I begged him to shut up, I kicked him under the covers, but he didn't even flinch when I hit him with the pillow on the face. I tried my best to turn on my right and focus on falling asleep, until a loud knock sounded and the snores suddenly disappeared. 

I turned around concerned, leaning up just to find him getting up from the floor and going back to bed with his eyes still closed.

—Why did you do that? —he mumbled with a whine.

I'm left there, looking at him with shock when he threw himself on his side of the bed, and in a matter of seconds, he was snoring again.

That's how I knew why nobody wanted to sleep with him, and were fast on picking a rommate.

And now that I'm waking up with painful and burning eyelids, and my body feeling heavier than ever, I confirm he's a pain in the ass even when he's asleep. My head also rewinds to hours back, when we were both wide awake and conscious when I joined him in the bed. And how I allowed him to touch me that way. My eyes are lost in the ceiling while I think about it, and how thankful I am that he's not here right now and waking up by myself.

The new question is: How will I dare to look at him with a straight face after what happened?

Although that question remains answerless when I go downstairs and he's not here. Only Melanie, Soo and Tammy are here. They look at one another with a smile as soon as they're aware of my presence, and they look back to me. I see nothing good coming.

—Did you sleep well? —Soo asks when I get closer to the kitchen table.

—Uhh —I nod—, I guess.

I rather not give out way too much information, and just let them ask whatever they might be curious about. I highly doubt Jungkook rolled his tongue and told everybody what happened last night. It's better, for the both of us, to keep that moment to ourselves and bury it in a dark place, two meters underground.

—Did something happen last night? —Melanie arches her eyebrows, while she waits for a juicy answer.

—No.

It's right now that I'm thankful of my strict parents who taught me, indirectly, how to lie properly when you're being interrogated. Short answers are the key for ambiguous questions that could get me in trouble.

—But... —Tammy continues—. I saw you talking with him.

That makes me frown again, because I don't remember crossing any type of word or sound with Jungkook last night, not in front of everybody. And I highly doubt they were able to listen to that conversation we had while lying in bed. Or maybe, they did hear us and that's why this interrogation is going on. 

—You were staring at each other almost all night —Soo pinches my arm playfully.

That makes more sense now. Every single time my eyes went from Seokwoo to the group of friends, my gaze found his, and we'd try to keep the visual contact until I broke it up every single time. Anyway, I keep myself together and give a small sip to the orange juice Melanie has just served me.

—C'mon, it was obvious you were drooling for Seokwoo —Tammy insists—. And he told us this morning he thought you were cute.

I try to digest everything my friends have said. First, I sigh in relief when I'm finally able to confirm they weren't talking about Jungkook nor anything that happened after the party. And then I look at them surprised, unbelieving of what they've said. But yeah, even if he had said he thought I was cute, it means nothing. Actually "You're cute, but..." is something I'm done listening to every single time they're about to reject me. Somebody calling you cute or adorable is just an introduction of the kick-ass they're about to give you.