37

I look at my phone, confused because it's already been almost a day without him giving life signals. And while I do understand people in general need their space, this is starting to be too weird.

What if he's ghosting me? I mean, it's not like we'd see each other often. He rarely hung out with Soo and her friends before me, so the possibilities of us coming across one another are quite low.

But what if he's not ghosting me and something happened to him? Maybe he's been sick all day and I've been around here thinking the worst of him.

It'd be easier if I knew what real people do in these circumstances. I'm battling between giving him space, or going to his house to make sure everything's fine. But I know he wouldn't be in his house right now, because he's supposed to be working.

So before I'm completely aware of what's going on, my feet start making their way to the studio. I'm not totally conscious of where I'm heading until I recognize the street where it's placed. My mind is too busy trying to guess what I should say if Jungkook is totally fine and Mark is with him. And if it's only Mark... I guess Jungkook is at home?

I suddenly stop when I see the studio is closed. I feel my heart dropping to my stomach, since I can't help but think the worst right now. Maybe I'm overreacting, but how Jungkook has gone silent for almost a full day and now the tattoo studio is also closed... I need to make sure everything is fine, that Jungkook is okay.

The level of anxiety this is giving me is ridiculous. Because most probably they both went out last night, and are just chilling at home.

And while I wonder whether I should go to his house or not, Tammy sends me a text. I'm not really in the mood to read it, because honestly I'm too pissed off with myself and the way I'm reacting.

On my way back home, I keep checking my phone several times. My heart jumps at every notification that pops up, and I almost drop it when I get a call, just to sigh disappointed when I see Tammy's name on the screen.

I'm almost going to greet her the same way I usually do, but she interrupts me before I'm even able to emit a sound.

—Jungkook had an accident.

My body stops moving, it's like those news have made my whole body freeze on the spot, hoping for Tammy to say that she's kidding me and all of this . I can hear her voice, but I can't understand anything she's saying right now.

—I know you two don't get on well —she sighs—. But you should visit him for Soo. Tammy and I will go later today.

—Tam, I gotta go —I manage to say, in between stutters—. Send me the hospital he's in.

I don't even care if I give away I care more than I should with my answer, because right now there's only one thing I can focus on: and it's managing to find a way to get to the hospital he's in as soon as Tammy sends me the location.

I could've asked if he's okay and wait to go with them later today. But I can't wait until then to see him and make sure that he's fine. Not only that. I need to see it myself with my own eyes.

My throat closes as the cab I took gets closer to the hospital, and breathing starts getting difficult by the minute. Not like it gets any better when I get off the car, and insist more times than I'd want to with one of the nurses to know what his room is. And all of this just to be able to get to his room and see him lying in his bed.

He doesn't look as bad as I started to imagine on my way here. His face has a few scratches -along with a small bandage on his forehead-, and his left arm is in plaster; but he's okay. He's sleeping peacefully, yet that doesn't stop me from letting that mix of emotions run through me. My lips start to tremble, and I just can't hold back myself from crying. I'm not sure if it's a way to get fear out of my sister, or maybe it's the relief to see he's okay after all.