29

Everything seems to go well, except for my sore legs, from the moment we wake up hugged to each other to the moment we start having breakfast together. It's just too good to be true, too good to actually last.

And I remember the last thought I had before falling asleep, and the first one I had when I woke up. I hate to think about that right now, not when we should be enjoying our time together after last night. But the thought of Jungkook being with someone else at any point from now on is taking me out constantly.

We could be talking about the most unrelated thing, but my head keeps going back to that.

—Okay —he finally sighs—. What's going on?

—What do you mean?

—You're making that face —he points to my furrowed eyebrows.

—What's with this face? It's my face.

—Yes, when you're thinking about something else —he squints his eyes, trying to guess what I'm thinking about.

—Okay, mentalist —I cut him off—. I was thinking about when I should be leaving.

—It's not that —he shakes his head—. Is it about last night? Did something bother you?

—No, everything about last night was great.

Not even for one second I felt uncomfortable or bad about what happened last night, and blaming on it that i'm spacing out would only make him feel bad -considering how he was hesitating to even kiss me properly at first.

He questions me with his eyes, trying to dig into whatever I'm trying to hide. And honestly, I just think it's fair to discuss it.

—It's about the deal —I admit.

—Oh, that.

The way he answers, and how he goes on with his cereal, convinces me I was definitely overthinking. I project onto him my own thoughts, and what I think he means with that answer, convincing myself he probably didn't even consider what we had as a deal, at this point. But he isn't done speaking.

—What do you want to discuss?

—The last rule —he keeps eating, while I'm unable to look anywhere else but him—. You know, the one about us not being able to see more people.

—What about it? —he frowns.

—Well, I know that rule was only because I was a virgin and you wanted to be the first one, but I'm not a virgin anymore.

—I know —he nods—. And just like we agreed, that rule won't exist from now on.

The way my heart sinks to my stomach when he says that almost makes me want to throw up. He stops eating, finally looking at me.

—So you want us to meet new people?

—No, I want you to meet new people.

I look at him confused at his words. Jungkook finally sets all of his attention on me, leaving the bowl aside.

—You need to hang out with other guys, go on dates, get to know someone else...

What a delicate way to tell me to get lost.

—What if I don't want to?

—Y/n, it's the best for you. You need to get out there, have options to choose from aside from me.

—Options to choose from? —I repeat, unbelieving of what I'm hearing— I already chose.

—You didn't choose. You couldn't ever choose because it was only me all this time —he pinches his nose—. All I'm saying is...