22

My fist hits the boxing bag, moving the whole thing forwards while making the chains that hold it sound loud. I only stop after I hear Melanie cheer me up on my back.

After overthinking all these days being closed inside my house and only leaving it to go grocery shopping or to work, I decided to join them in one of their kickboxing classes. And I'll say they were right, I needed to do this.

—I don't wanna be the person that made you so mad —Soo jokes.

If only she knew it was her brother.

It's been a week since we argued. No calls, no messages, nothing. He totally disappeared after everything that happened the last time we saw each other, which leads to me not knowing anything about him.

Even if I don't really blame him for keeping some distance, I'm still annoyed over the fact that Jungkook didn't try to reach out to me. And if he's waiting for me to take the first step and call him first, he'll die waiting.

—Yeah, you've looked off these few days —unlike our two other friends, Tammy keeps her serious expression—. Is everything alright?

Obviously I can't tell them I'm pissed because of Jungkook. Not only because we both agreed that no one should know about our thing, but because I don't want to deal with the amount of questions that would come right after me opening my mouth.

—It's nothing —I answer, my breath shaking because of the exercise I pushed my body to—. Just a lot of stress lately.

—If you need to talk about it, do it —Soo gives one final punch to the boxing bag—. I love a good rant.

Both Melanie and Tammy encourage me to speak. And while they're at it, I try to think of a way to tell them what's going on without giving out any details about Jungkook or our deal.

—I met someone, weeks ago —I start—. Thing is, I like spending time with him, and I thought he also did. But the other day we argued because of something he said, and it's been a week since I last heard of him.

—Oh, that boy ain't showing up ever again —Tammy gets scolded by Melanie right after saying that.

—Most probably he doesn't know how to address the situation —Soo mentions—. Men are like kids, so it's a matter of time until he decides to reach out to you —she shrugs—. If he likes you, he'll come back. And if he doesn't come back, fuck him.

—If it was his fault, he'll eventually talk to you and will try to make things up —Melanie continues—. Either way, don't text him first. Like Soo said, if he cares and wants to solve things, he'll try to talk to you.

—And if he doesn't, he isn't worth it —Tammy stands next to Melanie—. If you ever just happen to see him, ignore him. He doesn't deserve your attention if he isn't able to own his mistakes.

It isn't hard for me to understand they're right. I've been thinking the exact same way since he decided to leave my house last time we were together, and that's exactly why I haven't texted him yet and why we haven't seen each other for a week.

I must be missing him a lot though, because not only I can't stop thinking about him, I also see him everywhere. But I know it must be something other than just my brain, because he's looking way too beautiful to be an illusion. And Soo confirms that when she smiles and waves at him.

The moment Jungkook's eyes lie on me, I feel the need to hide under a rock. It's the first time in seven days that we see each other, and it has to be at my worst, when I'm sweating, out of air, and probably my face is red because of the exercise I'm not used to. Meanwhile, he's looking all hot and fresh with that black tank top and a pair of gym shorts that fall neatly over his knees. For one fast second I think he must've cut his hair, but he turns his head to the trainer when a loud "Jaykay" comes out of his mouth. He has his -still purple- hair collected with a hair tie.