Chapter 2

Asfandyar on the other hand had been busy at the hospital as usual. However, Every time he had some breathing space, He thought of Zubia and hoped she was doing okay. The events that he had witnessed in the passed week, had triggered some of his old emotional wounds and he was drained too. He had almost lost her, the first person that he had been able to open his heart to, since his brothers death. He really wanted to see her. It had been almost two days since she had been discharged and they hadn't been talking a lot on the phone either. He thought of going to Dr.Shehroz's place and visiting her, but wasn't sure if it was a good idea. He didn't want it to look in-appropriate. He spent the next few minutes in dilemma, staring into nothingness while sitting in his cabin and then suddenly got up gathered his things and decided to go visit her since he realised that both, Dr.Shehroz and Dr. Asifa were at the hospital right now, so it wouldn't get awkward if he went.

He reached their house and rang the bell. The house-help opened the door and escorted him inside.

"Dr. Zubia kis kamre mein hai?", Asfandyar asked.

"Uss vale kamre mein hai sahib", The house-help said while pointing at the room.

"Achcha", he said and walked towards the room.

He walked in and saw her sitting up on the bed with her head resting against the cushioned bed-frame. Her eyes were closed. He was very relieved to see that she wasn't crying. He didn't want to disturb her, but he also wanted to talk to her.

"Zubia?", he said softly.

"Aap"?, She responded groggily after a couple seconds. The moment she realised who it was, her eyes widened.

" Haan, maine socha ke ghar jate jate tumse milte hue jaoon", He said.

Zubia in the meanwhile was trying to sit up straight, but she was struggling. Asfand quickly went forward to help her.

"M-main aapse maafi maangna chahti hoon. Meri vajah se aapko bohot aziyat pahunchi hai. I feel very guilty", she said.

"Zubia, please don't apologise again and again. Unn dinon main bahut saari cheezein ek saath ho rahi thi aur un sabhi maslo ka tumhe uss waqt ek hi hal nazar aya. It's okay. What's more important to me right now is that you're safe and recovering" He said while taking her hand into his.

"Mujhe yahaan baithe baithe bas vahi din yaad aa raha hai baar baar. Sone ki koshish karti hoon tab bhi kuch khaas neend nahi aati", Zubia said.

"I can imagine. Remember, I'm just a call away if you need me and ab toh ek do din mein you will back on your feet things will get better, Par Abhi rest zuroori hai" Asfand said assertively.

Zubia nodded in response.

" Uss se yaad aya, Woh bed number 10 Vala bachcha kaisa hai ab? He was in a critical condition last week.", Zubia enquired.

"He's much better now, kal tak discharge bhi hojayega. Aap Hospital ki fikar naa karein, Dr. Zubia. Abhi aap rest karein aur apni health ka dhyaan rakhein. Aapne medicine li apni?", he enquired.

"Nahi, le lungi Thodi der mein", she said. Asfand raised his eyebrows in response.

"Chalo, Abhi medicine le lo aur so jao", he said while searching for the right medicine strip in the box that lay by Zubia's bedside.

He handed her the tablet and poured her a glass of water.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Take care.", he said and he was gone.

Zubia ate the tablet and went to sleep.

Days went by and Zubia was much better now. She was going back to her hostel room today, but before that she was going to the hospital for a check-up. Asfandyar had come to pick her up, even though she had insisted against it.

They reached the hospital and some basic tests were done by Dr.Zeba in Asfandyar's supervision. All the reports were completely normal.

"Tumhari saari reports to ab bilkul normal hai, Zubia. Agar tum chahti ho to Monday se resume kar sakti ho", Asfand said while they were walking towards Zubia's hostel room!

"Thank you, Main Monday se join kar lungi..", Zubia said.

"Zubia, ek baat karni hai tumse.. Mama-Baba soch rahe the ki Sunday ko tumhari zhala ki taraf chale jayein rishta lekar.. Tumhara kya khayal hai?", Asfand asked.

"Jaise aap sab theek samjhe" Zubia responded.

"Are you sure? Koi pressure ya koi jaldi nahi hai", Asfand said

"Jee", Zubia responded.

"Main aaj bahut khush hoon, Zubia. Shaayad Daniyal bhai ke jaane ke baad pehli baar maine itni khushi mehsoos ki hai. Thank you for trusting me. I know ye tumhare liye aasaan nahi hai. Par main dekh raha hun ki tum poori koshish kar rahi ho.", Asfand said.

Zubia being herself, didn't say anything in response. She just looked at Asfand and that was enough for him to understand what she wanted to say.