Chapter 18

Asfandyar's eyes started to flutter because of the sunlight coming into his room, through the sheer curtains. He rubbed his eyes lazily and turned to his right, in an attempt to get up. Just as he turned, his gaze halted on Zubia, who was sleeping peacefully beside him. That's when it hit him once again, that he was finally married, to Zubia, the woman who had turned his life upside-down over the past year! A content smile appeared on his face, while he was engrossed in letting reality sync in and admiring his beautiful wife. Just then, Zubia moved a little, and a few strands of her silky hair, fell on her face, making her only slightly restless. Asfand reached out for those hair-strands with a sense of urgency and gently tucked them behind her ear. Watching this woman, who had endured so much of pain, for many years of her life, sleeping peacefully beside him, gave Asfandyar a sense of comfort that had never felt before. He felt an urge to stand as a strong wall between Zubia and anything that attempted to disturb her peace and her happiness. After a few more minutes of admiring his wife's sleeping form, he reached out for his spectacles, that were on his bedside table, and headed to the bathroom, to freshen up.

About fifteen minutes later, he came out of the bathroom and headed straight into the kitchen, to get some coffee for himself. He kept some extra concoction ready, so in case Zubia woke up, he could quickly make a cup for her too. It was still pretty early in the morning, so all the other family members were still asleep, considering that all of them were exhausted after all the wedding functions. Asfandyar usually woke up around this time, and went for a jog. Today too, he had woken up merely out of habit, but had decided to skip the jog. Asfandyar came back into his bedroom, and sat himself down on the sofa, which was next to Zubia's side of the bed. He sipped on his coffee while scrolling through his phone and stole glances at Zubia every now and then.

Zubia, who was sleeping on her right side, had finally woken up. When she opened her eyes slightly, she caught a blurry glimpse of Asfandyar sitting on the sofa, just a little away from her. Her eyes jerked open completely, and she realised where she was. Soaking in the sight in front of her - Asfandyar sitting there, in a white shalwar-kurta, freshly showered, with partially-wet, unkempt hair, she took a deep breath and inhaled the scent of his cologne that had become quite familiar to her now. She thought back to the many times when she had voluntarily and involuntarily wished for this.

Now she had it, she had him, she thought to herself and her lips automatically curled into a smile!

In the meanwhile, Asfandyar had noticed that Zubia was waking up. He had quickly made his way to her bedside and sat down beside her

"Goodmorning, Mrs. Khan!,", he whispered, with a smile.

"Goodmorning, Mr. Khan.", Zubia said while she sat up and put her hair into a bun.

"Main bohot late hogayi hoon na! Aaapne mujhe uthaaya kyun nahin? Maama-Baba kya soch rahe honge", she said with a sense of sudden urgency and got up to rush to the bathroom, when she realised that she is late.

Asfand quickly held onto her hand and pulled her back lightly, so she sat back down.

"Relax.. Abhi sirf 7 baje hai.. aur baaki sab so rahe hai. Tum aaram se baitho, main tumhaare liye coffee laata hoon" Asfand said in a reassuring tone.

"Main banaa leti hoon", Zubia said while getting up again

"Nahin! Bilkul nahin! Tum yahaan aaram se baithogi aur mera wait karogi. Main chahta hoon ke iss ghar mein tumhaari pehli subah ka aaghaaz, tum apne shauhar ke haath ki bani hui coffee pee kar karo", Asfand said while he caressed her cheek lovingly and then went into the kitchen.

In the meanwhile, Zubia brushed her teeth, washed her face and came and stood by the window, waiting for Asfand to come back with her coffee.

In no time, Asfand was back in his room and he handed the cup to Zubia and watched her intently, in anticipation of a response.

"Kamaal ki coffee banaai hai aapne! Mujhe nahi pataa tha ki aap yeh sab bhi karlete hai!", she exclaimed, with a hint of disbelief in her voice!

"Dekhein, aap meri salahiyaton pe shaq mat kiya karein, ek accha doctor hone ke saath-saath, mein khaana bhi achcha banaa leta hoon!"  Asfand said playfully while he put his arms around her and winked at her. She hit him lightly on his chest and scolded him through her eyes. Asfand tightened his grip around her waist and she almost automatically rested her head on his shoulder!

Hey guys!

I have finally updated! Sorry for the delay! TBH, its hard to write about Asfiya's equation post-marriage! Their characters and the story were developed beautifully in the show, and I really want my fan-fic to stay in-line with the arc of these beautiful characters and not go over the top! 

This update is small, but now I have more ideas in mind, so you will get the next update soon!

Really looking forward to all your votes and comments.

Also, thanks a ton for being patient and sticking around!

Love xx