Chapter 19

Zubia had just come out of the shower. She was wearing the suit that Asfandyar had bought for her when he had gone to Islamabad for a conference, many months back. It was a Grey Kurta with minimal golden embroidery on the neck and sleeves, paired with beige pants and an embroidered beige dupatta. It was the first gift he had ever gotten for her and that's why it obviously was super special to her. She had treasured it since she received it, but never felt worthy of wearing it, earlier.

It was after Asfandyar had finally confessed his love to her, while she lay weak in the hospital bed, that she had decided to wear this suit on her first day in the Khan house as his wife. That's when she had realised that this man, Asfandyar was so very different from her Abbi and Rehan bhai. He actually loved her unconditionally, almost like her mother did. She felt guilty for putting him through all the pain that she did. That's when she had decided to make it upto him, simply by trusting him and giving him all the love that she had felt for him!

She walked upto the dresser, brushed her hair and braided it, while she stood in-front of the mirror. Then she put on some Kajal, a nude shade of lipstick and lastly, her mothers jhumkas and bangles. Zubia was so lost in her thoughts and in getting ready, that she didn't realise when Asfandyar entered the room and stood right behind her. Her reverie was broken when she noticed him looking at her intently, through the mirror. He walked closer to her and rested his chin on her right shoulder.

"Bohot khoobsoorat lag rahi ho! Bas ek baat hai..", he whispered while he gently pulled the hair-tie off her hair and unbraided it, so it could cascade down her back. He then brushed through her hair lightly with his fingers and settled it all on her left shoulder.

"Vaise toh tüm mujhe har haal mein pasand ho, par khule baalon se tumhaari khoobsurti ko jaise chaar chaand lag jaate hai", He said huskily while his lips brushed lightly against the shell of her ear.

All this closeness was making Zubia feel things, she hadn't really felt before. She was liking it, but a part of her was also worried that she would wake up any minute and all this would turn out to be just a dream.

"A-Asfand, Chalein na.. Sab nashte pe intezaar kar rahe honge..;, she said while staring at her feet, unable to look at Asfandyar even through the mirror.

"Haan.. chalte hain.. par usse pehle mein dekh toh loon ke meri biwi iss khaas jode mein lag kaisi rahi hai!", Asfandyar said while he turned Zubia around so he could look at her properly.

"Aaapko yaad hai ye jodaa?!", Zubia asked while she set the dupatta on her head.

"Ofcourse! Pehla gift hai jo maine aapko diya thaa, itni asaani se toh nahi bhooloonga!

Vaise bas aap hee hai Dr.Zubia, jo ek simple saa jodaa pehen kar bhi bijliyaan giraa sakti hai"; Asfandyar winked and claimed!

"Kya aap bhi!? Bas chalein ab!", Zubia said softly as she escaped out of his hold and almost ran out of the room, leaving behind a smiling Asfandyar.

He had been ecstatic over the last few weeks. Being with Zubia helped him connect more to the younger Asfi inside him, who he had locked in somewhere ever-since his brothers death. He was discovering over time, how the love he once felt for Faryal was so different from his love for his wife, Zubia. He realised how his love for Faryal had stemmed more out of his own insecurity and he remembered how, when he was around her, he always felt inferior and like he had to prove himself to her constantly. When he thought of Zubia, he realised that he was very comfortable just being himself around her and was sure that she would love him even if he wasn't "Dr.Asfandyar"- The well-established neuro-surgeon.