Chapter 7

Hey everyone!
This chapter is compatitively short, but I hope you enjoy it! Please vote if you have liked the story so far and also feel free to comment with your suggestions and feedback!
Thanks! :)

The next morning was quite a busy one for the Khan's. Khala ammi was getting ready to go back to Peshawar, while Zubia, Asfandyar and Gaiti got ready to go to the hospital. Everyone had breakfast together and then Khala ammi left for Peshawar with the driver. Asfandyar, Zubia and Gaiti were leaving for the hospital.

As they approached the car, Asfandyar walked towards the drivers seat while Zubia opened the back door.
"Arre Devrani ji! Kahan Jaa Rahi hai? Yahaan aage aa Jaye! Ab toh aapka haq hai, kyun devar jee?", Gaiti giggled, while she winked at Asfi.
"Kya bhabhi aap bhi! Kitna tang karengi?", Asfi said while pretending to be annoyed. He would be lying if he said that he wasn't enjoying all the teasing. Zubia's expressions on such occasions were a cherry on top for him.
"Yeh Gaiti bhi na!", Zubia murmured almost inaudibly while she opened the car door and settled down on the passenger seat. Asfi smiled at her and started the car.
In no time, they reached the hospital and started with their respective tasks for the day.
Just 15 minutes later, Dr. Shehroze called Zubia to the conference room while Dr.Asifa called Asfandyar. By the time they had reached, most of the staff had already gathered in the conference room. Asfandyar and Zubia stood next to Dr. Shehroze on either sides. They were both as clueless about why this meeting was called, as everyone else.

"Good morning everyone! Hope you all are doing well! Aap soch rahe honge ke Aaj subah subah maine aap sab ko yahaan kyun bulaya hai.. Actually, baat yeh hai ke main aap sab ke saath ek Khushkhabri share karna chahta hun..
Humaare hospital ke do bahut hi special doctors ne apni zindagi ke baare mein ek bahut ahem faisla liya hai. Hum sab ki pyaari Dr. Zubia Khalil, bahut jald Dr. Zubia Asfandyar Ali Khan kehlayengi". He announced. The staff members clapped loudly as they heard the news. Only the other doctors in the team knew about the engagement, it was a complete surprise for all of the other staff.

Zubia and Asfandyar were both stunned.It took some time for them to process whatever had been announced. They were both very private people.
Though Asfandyar wasn't someone who would want to announce something like this, he was proud and completely sure of his decision to marry Zubia. He didn't shy away.
"Aap sab ka bahut, bahut shukriya! Humein apni duaaon mein yaad rakhiyega!", He said while he gave all the staff members a wide smile. That was probably the first time staff members had seen their Hitler boss smile so much.
Zubia on the other hand, felt embarrassed with the sudden announcement. She was so anxious that her palms were sweaty and she was staring at her feet. She felt people would judge her. However, when she heard Asfandyar thank everyone, she felt reassured enough to look up and smile at everyone in acknowledgement.
In the meanwhile, Dr. Shehroze asked the wardboy to distribute the mithai that he had gotten for special occasion and soon, everyone got back to work.