Chapter 16

Asfandyar had become a reputed and well-known doctor in Pakistan by now, so there were a lot of people from the medical fraternity who had come to give the new couple their blessings. Since the Nikaah was in Karachi, A lot of Zubia's Abbi's acquaintances too, were there to wish and bless the couple. Later, the photographers started to torture the couple with their romantic pose ideas, for the photo-shoot. Though Asfandyar had asked for only candid photos to be clicked, the photographers kept persuading them to get some pictures in these poses.While Asfand was just annoyed at being asked to take these cheesy poses, Zubia was reluctant and shy. As time went by though, she started to get irritated and just wanted to get this photo-shoot over with.

Before Zubia or Asfandyar could realise, they had spent two to three hours meeting people and clicking pictures. Now, their cheeks were hurting from smiling constantly and Zubia just wanted to sit down, since she had been standing for the last two hours, with heels on. Just when the photoshoot was declared done, Zubia and Asfandyar finally slumped themselves down onto the sofa. Asfandyar was just about to say something when he heard Zubia's stomach grumble. Zubia realised what had just happened and looked at Asfand from the corner of her eye, hoping he hadn't heard her stomach yelling for food. When she caught a glimpse of Asfandyar, he was already looking at her with a "I completely understand" face.

She turned her face towards him helplessly and as soon as their eyes met, both of them started to giggle.

"Bohot bhook lagi hai", Zubia said, attempting to frown in the midst of her giggle.

"Mere bhi pet mein choohe kood rahe hai, aur gaaloon mein jo shadeed dard ho raha hai, voh alag!", Asfand said with an irritated expression.

"Ruko, Abhi kisi se poochte hai, ke humein khana kab naseeb hoga.. Par koi nazar kyun nahi aa raha?!", Asfand said dramatically, while he scanned the hall to see if he could find anyone who could help them. Just then, he spotted Saim and called out to him.

"Jee Chaachu!", Saim said excitedly as he ran towards his uncle.

"Chhotu, Sab khan hai? Mama? Daado? Daadu?

"Sab toh khaana kha rahe hai, Chaachu..", Saim said

"Achcha, Ek kaam karo, Mama ya dado se Jaakar kaho ke Chachu-Chachi ko bhook lag rahi hai.", Asfand said

"Hmmm... Zubia aunty, I mean, Chachi, Aap ko bhi bhook lag rahi hai?", Saim enquired, after thinking for a bit.

"Jee Saim, Mujhe toh bohot bhook lag rahi hai!", Zubia said, frowning.

"Achcha! Abhi Jaakar mama se kehta hoon!", Saim said and started walking towards the dining hall.

"Ruko! Idhar aao chotu! Sab samajh aa raha hai mujhe ab! Tum sirf issiliye batane jaa rahe ho na, kyunki chachi ko bhook lagi hai? Chachi ke chamche! Abhi se party change kar li! Idhar aao! Batata hoon tumhe main!", Asfand said, in fake anger.

"Chachu, aap bohot achche hai, but Zubia chachi meri favourite hai! Aur mama ne kaha hai ki chachi unka ghar aur unki family ko chhod ke humaare ghar aa rahi hai, toh unka jyaada khayal rakhna hai!", Saim said innocently.

Zubia immediately walked upto Saim and pulled him into a hug!

"Aap bohot cute ho, Saim!", she said, and kissed him affectionately.

"Haan haan jaldi jaao ab", Asfand said irritated.

"Kya chachu aap bhi.. Aap ko mama ne samjhaya tha na, ke ladkiyo ke saath pyaar se raha jaata hai. Mujhe pata hai, aap Zubia aunty ko tang karte the pehle, ab achaanak achche ban gaye hai aur jab main unse pyaar se baat kar raha hoon, toh aap jealous ho rahe hai. Mujhe nahi karni aapse baat", He said with a frown on his face and walked away. This whole conversation had left Zubia giggling again. She continued to giggle as she looked at Asfand, to cash on his priceless expressions.