Chapter 15

Zubia walked into the Wedding venue with Rehan and Mohsin on either sides, and her cousin sisters behind her. She was all dolled up in a cream coloured Anarkali that had golden zardosi embroidery all over it. Her hair was put up in a bun with a clean middle parting. For jewellery, she chose a long neckpiece with pearls and emerald beads. It was paired with matching jhumkas, a mang teeka , gold bangles and of course, gajras. Her head was covered with a cream coloured Net dupatta that had intricate golden-thread work all over it. She also had a golden netted, patterned veil covering her face. Her makeup was minimal as usual. She went for winged liner, mascara, Kajal, blush, a nude lip colour and a neutral, matte eye-shadow shade. Zubia was beautiful anyway, but today, her beauty was enhanced, she was glowing, and looked gorgeous.

As she entered, all eyes were on her. She walked gracefully towards the stage, where a partition was created using an embroidered dupatta. As she moved closer to the stage, she caught a tiny glimpse of Asfandyar who was on the other side of the partition, and was busy laughing away heartily with Saim and Dr. Haroon. She smiled shyly to herself as she soaked this perfect moment in! Just then, Gaiti, Khala Ammi and Lubna came upto her and guided her to her seat. Rehan and Mohsin went to the other side of the partition, where all the men were seated.

Within no time, the ceremony began and the Maulvi asked Zubia if she accepted Asfandyar as her legally wedded husband.

Just as the maulvi's word registered in Zubia's brain, she felt butterflies in her tummy and all the interactions she had had with Asfandyar in the past year, flashed in front of her eyes. Her reverie was broken when she felt Gaiti tighten her hold on her hands reassuringly.

"Qubool Hai", Zubia muttered.

The maulvi asked her the same question two more times and she responded with "Oubool hai". The confidence and security in her voice seemed to increase, each time she said it. She signed the Nikah-naama and now, the Maulvi asked Asfandyar the same question that he had asked Zubia, a couple of minutes back. He too was asked the question three times, and he responded "Qubool hai",with the same resoluteness in his voice, each time.

As he spoke, He remembered how he had once asked Zubia if she was upset because of Faryal. For him, that was the turning point in their relationship because even though she had remained silent in response to his question, her eyes had managed to give a lot away. He had known for a while, that she definitely had felt something for him. However, he was never sure, considering how guarded she had been around him. From that moment onwards though, he had no doubts whatsoever and had almost automatically stopped holding himself back from expressing his feelings for her.

As he signed the Nikah-naama, he glanced at her signature for a second and couldn't believe how far they had managed to come. He made a silent promise to god, telling him that he would love and protect her with all his being.

Just then, the partition that was put in-between the bride and groom, was removed and all the relatives got busy with congratulating each other. Asfandyar and Zubia finally got to see each other. While Zubia was involuntarily balling her eyes out when she saw him dressed as her groom. Asfandyar too had a few tears in his eyes. Even though there was a veil covering Zubia's face. Asfandyar could see through it. He was awestruck and thought she looked serene. It was like the bride and groom were now in a world of their own. All the hustle-bustle happening in the background, had no impact on either of them. They were too busy soaking in the sight of each other.

A while later , Gaiti and Sheema helped Zubia get up and escorted her to the place where Asfandyar was sitting, and she sat down next to him. Lubna held an oval shaped mirror in front of the newly-weds. Asfandyar and Zubia looked down into the mirror together. Since Zubia's veil was now off her face, Asfand could see her clearly. As soon as he saw her through the mirror, a wide smile crept up on his face. Seeing her husband smile, a smile almost automatically graced Zubia's lips.

"MashaAllah!", Lubna exclaimed!

"Chalo, Ab tum dono vahaan sofa par jaakar baith jaao.", Usman said.

"Jee, Baba.", Asfand said as he got up and held his hand out for his bride. Zubia secured her hand into his and the couple walked towards the sofa that was placed at the centre of the stage and sat themselves down on it.

"Aap bohot khoobsoorat lag rahi hai Mrs. Zubia Asfandyar Ali Khan! Sach bataaun toh I've imagined you as my bride so many times in these last few months, but tumne toh meri imagination ko tehes-nehes hee kardiya hai. Usse toh sau feesad haseen lag rahi ho haqeeqat mein!"Asfandyar whispered.

"Aap bhi achche lag rahe hai! Vaise toh humesha hee lagte hai, par aap jab muskurate hai na, tab mujhe jyaada achche lagte hai!", Zubia whispered back, while she stared at her feet shyly.

"Yeh kya khusar-pusar chal rahi hai bhai dulha-dulhan ke beech mein?!", Dr. Haroon exclaimed.

"Kya Dr.Haroon aap bhi! Sorry for the disturbance, lovebirds! Hum toh bas aapko bataane aaye the ki mehmaan aapse milne aayenge ab ek-ek karke! Be ready to smile constantly until your cheeks hurt, guys, kyunki iske baad photo-shoot bhi hai!", Gaiti said.

"Gaiti, Aap samajh nahi rahi hai! Inn dono ko smile karne ke liye koi effort nahi daalna padega! Aur aaj inhein koi dard bhi mehsoos nahi hoga! Kyunki Pyaar ka.. Dard hai... Meetha meetha.. Pyaara pyaara!", Dr. Haroon sang. In response, he received death stares from both, Asfand and Zubia.

Hey Guys!

SO ASFIYA ARE FINALLY MARRIED!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I know you had to wait for long, but I promise to update the next chapter quickly!

Please vote if you like the chapter and also please leave your thoughts in the comments! They keep me going!