doggy fashion - Henrik/Arjun (Explicit)

Breakfast is Arjun's favourite meal of the day. That's always been the case, but it's become even more true since he found this particular bench in this particular park.

There's nothing special about the bench, really. It's an ordinary bench, identical to hundreds, maybe thousands of others around the country. Nor is it the park itself, although as far as parks go, it's quite nice — in a pleasant neighbourhood, ample space for dogs to run around, and a few scenic trails.

What Arjun really likes about it, though, is the view. But it's not the nature surrounding him that has him so enraptured; rather, it's a particular phenomenon that can only be witnessed at a certain time of day, several days a week.

He checks the clock on his phone. 6:37am. It's early, but it's worth it.

The Pomeranian at his feet whines, and he looks down at her with a smile.

"Only a few more minutes, Duchess," he says, but he fishes a dog treat from the bum bag around his waist and holds it just out of her reach. As she sits up on her hind legs and begs, he snaps a picture with his phone, then tosses the treat to her. "Good girl."

Within a few short seconds, the photo is cropped, filtered, and posted to his Instagram with a witty caption, and it's not long before the first likes and comments come in, even at this early hour. Next, he repeats the same process, but this time with his breakfast — muffins with poached eggs and wilted spinach, along with an iced coffee — on his food Instagram.

With that business complete, it's time for him to dig into his meal while he waits for the highlight of his day.

Any time now.

And then the moment comes. He hears the footprints on the trail first, the familiar sound of running shoes on asphalt. But something's different from usual...

The dog is the first to crest the hill and come into view. A long pink tongue lolls out of the side of a grinning mouth as he runs, tugging on the leash attached to his green collar. Arjun would love to get his hands on the retriever's silky golden mane, would love to groom him until his fur shines.

Even more than that, though, he'd love to run his fingers through the owner's hair.

It's true what they say about dogs and their owners often looking alike. Not in his own case, of course — Duchess's light brown, fluffy fur looks nothing like his own brown skin and slicked-over black hair — but it's definitely true of the golden retriever bounding towards him and its human companion.

Said companion finally comes into view, his long blonde hair flowing behind him as he runs to keep up with his energetic pup. Some days, his hair is up in a bun, but Arjun likes it best when it's like this, whipping free in the wind. He's laughing, as usual — his smile lighting up his face like the sun.

"Here, Sköll!" he calls out to the dog as he stops running, bending over at the waist to catch his breath. "C'mere, boy!"

Sköll runs back to his owner, and Duchess barks at them. The blonde man kneels, and the dog licks his face as he laughs a clear, gorgeous laugh that makes Arjun's heart skip a beat.

This is his chance. He's been sitting on this bench regularly for weeks, trying to work up the courage to talk to the beautiful man with the beautiful dog, and here he is, stopped mere feet away.

As Duchess barks again, the man lifts his head, and Arjun's breath catches in his throat as they make eye contact for the first time. He barely registers his mouth opening to speak, but his brain is unable to send the right signals to actually form any words.

"Henrik!"

All too quickly, the moment is past and the green eyes shift away as the man turns his head, and someone else appears on the trail. The second man is the epitome of tall, dark, and handsome, with a chiselled jaw and a muscular body that's worthy of a magazine cover. He's shirtless, and the sweat dripping down his torso only serves to highlight the six-pack that most men could only dream about.